Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the new "Traffic" model draggin' jeans on their Canadian site - it looks like it's got a more "modern" cut and color (hey, I live in L.A. and we need to stay fashionable). Funny thing is the US site didn't have it, so I called and they explained to me that the US and non-US draggin' jeans are completely different companies...totally unrelated. I guess somebody bought the rights to the Draggin' Jeans name and product line for international use...

Anyways I figure most likely US retailers can only buy from the US company, as that's how those licensing arrangements typically work, so I'm s.o.l. unless I buy direct from the canadian company. Quick currency exchange and ... US 168 bucks?!?. WTF happened to to the US/CAN exchange rate?? I used to buy camping gear from a canadian retailer a few years ago & it was like 1CAN = .67USD. Made for some good shopping.

Now we can't even buy cheap stuff from Canada! Geez - one more thing to blame GWB for! (that was a joke, please don't flame me...wait - no, that wasn't a joke - ok, flame away) ;D

So...has anyone found this model somehow carried in the US?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DingerJunkie said:
why not just order it directly from the Canadian website...I think they even take PayPal.
umm... see my comments re US 168.00 above. Draggin jeans (older styles) can be had for 80-99 bucks here in US. Granted I'm vain, but I don't wanna pay *that* much of a premium for a different style of essentially the same product .

on the bright side, the Canadians do throw in a free set of knee pads (US 22.00 value)... that may be enough to swing it...

·
Registered
449 Posts
I havent seen them. I dont know too many dealerships that stock Dragginjeans. (must be cause of the dumb name) Anyways, i still dont like the cut of those jeans. NO sale.

For that price, you can just buy the kevlar fabric yourself and pay someone to sew it in for you.

Lets see, you just need it for your knees and ass. That cant be too much kevlar.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
until they start making them out of cordura i won't get excited

·
Registered
254 Posts
I only wear boot cut jeans. Even if they made a Kevlar lined boot cut jean, why? Boot cut jeans suck for riding since the more relaxed cut and wider opening at the cuff will only allow them to ride up easier.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Spirit of Bunny said:
I havent seen them. I dont know too many dealerships that stock Dragginjeans. (must be cause of the dumb name) Anyways, i still dont like the cut of those jeans. NO sale.

For that price, you can just buy the kevlar fabric yourself and pay someone to sew it in for you.

Lets see, you just need it for your knees and ass. That cant be too much kevlar.
They have more & heavier stitching and a few other things that aren't on regular jeans. I have the utility model. Not that tight, but they wrapped the kevlar in them, unlike the original model (which is very tight).

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Look good and thank god for the undated style and color, which is why I didn't buy the older classis style jeans. However I just want to know if they'll make my butt look as good as my Icon Anthem jeans do???

Damn I have a fine ass. :D

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Nexus242 said:
Look good and thank god for the undated style and color, which is why I didn't buy the older classis style jeans.  However I just want to know if they'll make my butt look as good as my Icon Anthem jeans do???

Damn  I have a fine ass.  :D
squid!!!!! j/k :p

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
wow they are much nicer than the older style DragginJeans - but that's a lot of money, I paid that much for the leathers pants in my 2 piece.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
AlexJ said:
wow they are much nicer than the older style DragginJeans - but that's a lot of money, I paid that much for the leathers pants in my 2 piece.
didn't you pay like $120 for jeans that won't save you @$$?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
AlexJ said:
something like that.  :D But they make my ass look hot!  ;D
oh baby! :-*

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nexus242 said:
Look good and thank god for the undated style and color, which is why I didn't buy the older classis style jeans. However I just want to know if they'll make my butt look as good as my Icon Anthem jeans do???
do the Icon jeans have attachment points for knee pads like the draggin jeans do? If so I might go that route...

And how do the kneepads attach to the draggin jeans anyways - pockets? The website mentions velcro tabs, does that mean you just stick em on the inside of the jeans?

·
Registered
703 Posts
The Traffic Model doesn't look like it has Kevlar going all the way around the knee like the US versions of Draggin Jeans have.

Just buy the utility version of the Draggin Jeans and get a relaxed style with a more protection. If you ride your bike right no one will be able to tell what type of jeans you have on and you won't have to worry about how stylish you, and your derriere, look in them. [/gump] :p ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
smocohiba said:
And how do the kneepads attach to the draggin jeans anyways - pockets?  The website mentions velcro tabs, does that mean you just stick em on the inside of the jeans?
The kneepads have velco on them, it's SUPPOSED to velcro to the kevlar. W/ my old "originals" they were held in place, because the jeans were tight. W/ my "utility" they don't work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts