Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been spending alot of my Fridays at the local drag strip lately. www.skyviewdrags.com for more details.

Anyways, to make it simple, would I stand much of a chance on the 1/8? I know the 1/4 I'll die. Theres usually about a dozen bikes that show up on these nights, most of them have some serious lack of experience/skill from what I saw. Theres two hayabusa's, one runs 6.5 which is good but the other one runs 8s :-\. Then theres a few R1s, two zx6s and some hondas. At least 50% of them drop the clutch on green, which stands the bike straight up, and you can literally see them shit themselves and pull the clutch back in. Understandable for the first timer, but after doing it 6 runs in a row, it gave me the idea I may have a chance against 'em. I could be wrong, I could be dead meat, but from what I saw, I could have a chance if I got it down right on the line.

Sweetest thing there was a TL1000R, absolutely loved how the loud roar drowned out the other bikes.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
my opinion: if they suck and you're pretty good then you will win. if you both suck then anything could happen. if you're both pretty good then they will still win (especially the long-wheelbase busa).

for the 1/8th mile drag, you don't need uber-power, what you need is a long wheelbase so you can get power to the ground without looping it. your SV has a similar wheelbase to the SS bikes, and your SV has enough power to ride most of the 1/8th mile with the front wheel skimming the ground.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
post up ur times!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts