Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Eagle one
1,660 Posts
Smoked him off the line!!!! That's what it's all about buddy.... reaction time!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
avc8130 said:
Looks like you are the only one launching!
ac

It's not heads up racing, they handicap the bikes by allowing the slower bikes/cars to leave the line first.
If the faster bike can catch you at the line and not break out of his dialed time then you loose.
It's more of a race against yourself, you want to run as close as possible to the same time on each run.
An SV rider has as good a chance as anyone of taking home the trophy if they can stay consistant.

Go racing :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
avc8130 said:
Oh, I didnt realize you were bracket racing. I just thought it was one of those "run what you brung" nights.
ac

I'm only assuming they're bracket racing, but since the Z1000 has so much power over the SV I can't see them going heads up?

:?:

·
Registered
80 Posts
it only takes a split second better reaction time to be that much ahead. when you stage, your front tire will be lined up with that white box/line. the Z1000's front tire is past that, so i would guess that they were running heads up. probably a test and tune day.

·
Registered
109 Posts
axeman said:
it only takes a split second better reaction time to be that much ahead. when you stage, your front tire will be lined up with that white box/line. the Z1000's front tire is past that, so i would guess that they were running heads up. probably a test and tune day.

After reading your post I took another look at the pic, and have to agree with you on it being a heads up race.
The guy just isn't launching the Z1000 as hard as svrider04 is hammering the SV. 8)

·
Registered
5,092 Posts

Pretty cool picture. I'm curious about the remaining 60ft because it seems a bit early to be bringing up the front wheel. I'd like to see pictures of my better launches because it's possible I brought the wheel up early, too.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
For what it's worth, I've squeezed a couple of 12.1's at 109mph out of my mostly stock '03. I think I can crack into the 11's. I need to get video of it.

Mind you, these are 1/4 mile distances I'm referring to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
For what it's worth, I've squeezed a couple of 12.1's at 109mph out of my mostly stock '03. I think I can crack into the 11's. I need to get video of it.

Mind you, these are 1/4 mile distances I'm referring to.
could be possible if you get a good reaction, launch and your a lightweight. good luck. I will be heading back to the track tomorrow night. ;D my best is 13.5 at 102. but im still working on my lauch. I have only made about a dozen passes or so over the past few weeks. I keep trying to find time to practice but I can never find it. lol

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
nice shot. look at you go !

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
12.1 seems pretty dam good to me considering the sv's said abaility to run 11.9's

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Yeah your getting into it way too hard way too fast, I stage deep and launch in second, hold the rpm around 8k and take off right after the third yellow. You wanna try to keep your rpm at 8k while your letting out on the clutch untill your speed catches up to your rpm then just gun it and you can hammer through the gears from there . I'm 135lb and my best is a 12.04 with a .502 light, .500 is a perfect light at my track.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah your getting into it way too hard way too fast, I stage deep and launch in second, hold the rpm around 8k and take off right after the third yellow. You wanna try to keep your rpm at 8k while your letting out on the clutch untill your speed catches up to your rpm then just gun it and you can hammer through the gears from there . I'm 135lb and my best is a 12.04 with a .502 light, .500 is a perfect light at my track.
A .500 is perfect? how does that work? I have gotten a .235 and my buddy has gotten a .030.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts