Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this?

I'm thinkin about it.

I've got dirtbike style bars on it now, and they seem REALLY wide to me. I like the looks of drag bars on this style of bike. I think it would look especially good on my bike with the Acerbis Blitz headlight, give it a kinda streetfighter look.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've got them and I like them. I bought the bike master ones. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/68/15396/ITEM/Bikemaster-Drag-Bar-Handlebar.aspx For the price you cant go wrong. The only problem I had was clearance between the controls just inboard of the grips and my tank. They made contact with the tank then I turned lock to lock. I fixed this by epoxying some 1/8th inch thick aluminum to the tabs on the forks were the make contact with the stops on the frame. Problem solved.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got them and I like them. I bought the bike master ones. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/68/15396/ITEM/Bikemaster-Drag-Bar-Handlebar.aspx For the price you cant go wrong. The only problem I had was clearance between the controls just inboard of the grips and my tank. They made contact with the tank then I turned lock to lock. I fixed this by epoxying some 1/8th inch thick aluminum to the tabs on the forks were the make contact with the stops on the frame. Problem solved.
You got any pics of the bars on the bike, and your shims you put on the stops to keep them from contacting the frame?

·
Registered
99 Posts
One more thing I thought of, if you've got the rectangular aluminum front master cylinder
you'll need to notch it where the front brake line attaches. Otherwise the front brake lever/master cylinder wont be able to rotate to a comfortable position. It will contact the preload adjuster cap on the right fork leg. If you use a dremel tool it makes this a pretty simple task.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm about to do a S=>N conversion with drag bars. I'm looking for more down angle and less back sweep. I'll see about posting pics when it's done.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I had the bikemasters drag bars on my N model for about 2 days, then i went
back to stock. they suck IMO and are really uncomfortable, i think you would
like clip ons better but thats my opinion. some people like the drag bars.i didnt
have the clearance issue but i had to tweak the angle of the bars to clear
the controls and then they barely cleared. try em and see you may love em,
i think i paid like 15 or 20 bucks for mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts