Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a link to the factory service manual for an '07? I don't see the right one on SV650.org and a general google search yields nothing. I think I'm gonna perform the 600 mile service myself. Although I wonder if I'll be able to do the TBS...

thanks

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it matter that the manual on the sv650.org site is for an sv650s? I have a non s. I imagine for basic stuff it would be pretty much the same, but there are differences in the engine between the two right?

· Premium Member
306 Posts
no, differences are gearing and the fairing, that's it. Oh, plus the fact that the S has two headlights and running lights and the N has one headlight and no running lights. Other than that they are identical. The 2007+ have dual spark plugs, but that is one of the only differences, and that affects both S and N.

· Registered
1,034 Posts
Don't forget that the entire FI system is different for the 2007 models.

The Suzuki Service Manual has a lot of blue-colored pages that cover the differences between the 2007 and the earlier years, so if you're doing some work in the area of that stuff, be aware.

· Registered
802 Posts
The 07 version also has an oxygen sensor in the exhaust system, and perhaps an additional Cat.

I wonder if Suzuki publishes an '07 adendum to update the manual for the '06 models? My dealer sold me a (very thick) factory SV650 manual, and I noticed after I got it home that it only covers up to 2006. Would be nice to have the '07 information, just to be sure.

There are various people on eBay selling CD ROM manuals too, but none of those seem to cover the '07 models.

... Gregg

· Registered
3 Posts
OKAY here's the obviously ignorant question. IS there a difference -Besides the different position of the rear brake caliper on the '02 vs. the '04????

Rear tire just picked up a big nail. need to remove from bike for shop to repair/replace tire.

· Registered
3 Posts
OKAY here's the obviously ignorant question. IS there a difference -Besides the different position of the rear brake caliper on the '02 vs. the '04????

Rear tire just picked up a big nail. need to remove from bike for shop to repair/replace tire.

seeing as how the setup wouldn't "Allow me to edit my post" I'll drop in a follow up instead- go figure eh?

[here is the would-of-been edit]
[edit begins]
first thing i did was google, then hit the links..... from this thread and from the search....

downloaded what is currently supposed to be for the '03 model from :
http://www.repairmanualclub.com/index.php we shall see, huh?

also registered with a few other sites for downloading.... found some that are linked to a "Torrent" file format...
did a google on terrent and well... got cornfuzzled... guess I'll have to look at it after having some sleep - i guess.
got it downloaded 53MB or so but, not sure how to "exract it" for lack of current words.
[/end would-of-been-edit text]

· Registered
802 Posts
Don't forget that the entire FI system is different for the 2007 models.

The Suzuki Service Manual has a lot of blue-colored pages that cover the differences between the 2007 and the earlier years, so if you're doing some work in the area of that stuff, be aware.
YZEtc, would it be possible for you to scan those blue pages and post them for the benefit of us '07 owners?

Many thanks,
.. Gregg

· Registered
375 Posts
OK, for the computer illiterate, such as myself.

What do I have to do to open the RAR file that I just downloaded from RepairManualClub?

Regards
Darryl

· Registered
5,163 Posts
OK, for the computer illiterate, such as myself.

What do I have to do to open the RAR file that I just downloaded from RepairManualClub?

Regards
Darryl
A RAR is another sort of compression file. Go to snapfiles.com in the free area and download a RAR app. Most RAR apps do RAR and ZIP. Or a google search of RAR FREEWARE, there are a heap out there.

· Premium Member
3,247 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.