Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about making my own SS lines, but quick question.

There is a double banjo bolt on that little brake manifold that splits the line to the two front caliper. Can I reuse that bolt for the master cylinder to connect two lines?

·
Super Moderator
9,148 Posts
I'm thinking about making my own SS lines...
Are you sure you want to do this?

If you dont' have experience and the proper special tools, there are many situations where a failed front brake line could kill you. :(

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
As long as it's threaded the same I don't see it being a problem.

Like TeeRiver brought up, just make sure you know what you're doing or have someone check it over. You don't want to find out the hard way that you lost your brakes...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I crimp stainless lines all the time for diesel injection and direct injection systems. (5k psi of pressure) so no worries.

Do you know if the threads are the same? I don't want to take it apart, only to have different threads and have couple days of downtime while I wait for another one.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Does anyone know the part number or the thread pitch for the double banjo bolt (DBB) that Galfer provides for their SV lines or another company that makes the hardware? I don't think the splitter bolt will work because I tried it out with another splitter bolt off another bike and realized the two ports are spread further apart than the DBB. I guess you might be able to fill the gap with some copper washers or something, but it's sketchy, plus mine wasn't the right threading anyway.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I found out it's the M10x1mm for the master and the calipers are a M10x1.25mm. FYI.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts