·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
nice to see another Seattle local.

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vzerominus is local too. We should arrange for a little get together sometime. Before the 17th... I'm headed out of town for a few weeks after that.

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, I'm to the point where I need to cut a hole in the toolbox for the shock reservoir. I have a fender delete kit installed by PO - is there an easy way to cut the box without removing it (and and the electronics) from the bike? Or is it just a b***h either way?

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
IIRC I left it in and cut it. If you have a dremel it would help. When I finally did the swingarm swap I had to get rid of the toolbox so I had to take it out and cut it. I also put in a zx6r shock after the gsxr one.

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks LS! Guess I'll have to hit the HW Store for a better cutting bit/blade for my dremel... I don't have one suitable for plastic that I can reach in there with. *sigh.* Had to put it back together with the original shock. At least it's clean - was able to clean up all the lower links, too. :)

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 08 gsxr750 shock is about 1/2" shorter than the stock shock. So it lists the rear a little. Unless I'm missing something and there's a ride height adjuster on there somewhere...

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been away from my bike to long, starting to go through withdrawal symptoms.

On the bright side, I have an aTRE sitting there ready to install when I get back to Seattle. I also have a brake light flasher kit to assemble and install as well.

Looking ahead to Oct. 19th!

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It creates a very small pocket. Instead of being full in the wind with the stock, the wind hits me about mid gut or right at the sternum. It helps a little, but not much. It does, however, protect my phone.

·
MOTORADOR
10,818 Posts
Moar mods!!!!

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Saw these on a Harley, and thought it might be nice to have for morning commuting...

Figuring out the mounting will be a little different, but it shouldn't be too hard to mock up, and with a bending brake at work it shouldn't be too hard to shape them...

Opinions?

·
MOTORADOR
10,818 Posts
I had these installed on LaNegra, they were really useful during those chilly days to keep the wind from freezing my fingers.

http://www.powermadd.com/products/starserieshandguard.html

In fact, I think I still have them somewhere (I'm sure I removed them before I sold the bike).

Do you want them?

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes! :D How much?

This morning it was 44* when I left the house. Then, 2 miles from work, it jumped to 66*... Gotta love bike temperature swings!

·
MOTORADOR
10,818 Posts
Eleventy million. Just send me an email with your address and I'll ship them next week.

·
Greetings Program
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thinking about making my own rear turn signals... Something like...

Using ultra-bright 5mm yellow LEDs and this circuit design as a replacement for the flasher relay.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts