Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I like to be on ride side of lane and in the video doesn't look super close. Wonder if you were on defensive side of lane if she would have seen you better?

But yeah good job flicking her off immediately! That solves everything.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to be on ride side of lane and in the video doesn't look super close. Wonder if you were on defensive side of lane if she would have seen you better?

But yeah good job flicking her off immediately! That solves everything.
Made me feel better. :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for wasting 51 seconds of my life to watch your little pout. :facepalm:

Im sticking to the "tech" forum from now on.

Sorry this isn't exciting enough for you Oh great one!
Im sure you can grace us with your super exciting close calls on the Dragon since you live so close to it.

All I'm saying is people NEED to open their eyes. I've had closer calls. Im sure you have also.
Never mind, Im just pouting again, but since your sticking to the tech forums, from now on, please disregard. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Friday of the week of the 29th I had a similar thing happen, but I was perpendicular to a cager's door, passing him on a straightaway on two lane road when he decided to swerve all the way over on me into the oncoming lane to cut me off. (BTW, just one of those days that I didn't mount my GP to capture it.) I was doing sensible passing and not a type of WOT racing to blow by traffic, so I was in an upper gear. There wasn't enough room on my left to stay on the road, so I had to emergency brake to fall back or he would have hit me. When the road came to a 4 lane, much like you but a little differently, I went around him and gave the two fingers to the helmet and tapped my mirrors to make him aware, not flipping him off, the f'er flipped me off. His intentions were then clear. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes it isn't. 10ft at those speeds in the video is close(widescreen), but the way that person came over, I don't believe it to be intentional. Yes, I too, believe all cagers should be aware, but until they actually get on a bike and ride in those conditions, it will not wake up the awareness level that they too should be driving on.

Thank you for sharing. :)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Friday of the week of the 29th I had a similar thing happen, but I was perpendicular to a cager's door, passing him on a straightaway on two lane road when he decided to swerve all the way over on me into the oncoming lane to cut me off. (BTW, just one of those days that I didn't mount my GP to capture it.) I was doing sensible passing and not a type of WOT racing to blow by traffic, so I was in an upper gear. There wasn't enough room on my left to stay on the road, so I had to emergency brake to fall back or he would have hit me. When the road came to a 4 lane, much like you but a little differently, I went around him and gave the two fingers to the helmet and tapped my mirrors to make him aware, not flipping him off, the f'er flipped me off. His intentions were then clear. Sometimes it is intentional and sometimes it isn't. 10ft at those speeds in the video is close(widescreen), but the way that person came over, I don't believe it to be intentional. Yes, I too, believe all cagers should be aware, but until they actually get on a bike and ride in those conditions, it will not wake up the awareness level that they too should be driving on.

Thank you for sharing. :)
Dang! sounds like this?

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
Yea, GoPro sucks at showing how close, close calls really are. Close calls suck, though I usually do my best to just let it go. Generally, there are two options: They either realized what they did on accident and feel bad about it, or they did it on purpose and are complete :cussing:. Either way, nothing good is going to come from retribution, with the possability of bad. Stay safe everyone.

·
Premium Member
10,443 Posts
here in the DC area, that's normal passing.
pretty standard procedure here in Seattle proper. I don't flick em off anymore though. I stopped doing that years ago. It's from my bike riding days.

·
Registered
152 Posts
When I get cutoff, instead of flipping them off, I like to be melodramatic about it. That is, I'll point to myself and then do a neck chop with my hand followed by hanging/tilting my head. Most times, this elicits a sad/sorry expression from them.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts