Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 SV650... And the previous owner had for some reason modified the battery box, maybe it broke or something and he tried to fix it, I don't know.

Well, problem was, he fixed it poorly and it sagged and if you hit a bad bump, it would hit the rear tire. Which wore out the middle of the tire well before it should have (the tires were old though, and I plan to replace them next week anyways).

I have since modified the battery box in a better way, however, the damage was done to a piece which I don't know the name of to look for a replacement. The piece I am looking for is the black piece that goes under the battery box and up underneath the passenger seat to the brake light. I imagine there is a term for it, I just don't know the name of it. I would like to get whatever the original battery box was as well.

Help? Also, anyone know a good place to pick up such parts beisdes eBay?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that is it, didn't think it was so big, thought it was just a long flap. Dear Gosh that is not worth $105 though LOL...

I have seen it on eBay listed as a Rear Inner Fender/Battery Tray, but can't find one for 2001 of 1st Gen :-\

Thanks! Useful site!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts