Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I don't like how the exhaust flips up at the end and I think the levers look like crap.

Other than that someone took a harley, put good bits from one of the only respectable bikes harley makes (XR1200) and lots of other good stuff on there.

I'd rock it, but not for 20k :puke:

·
Registered
513 Posts
that exhaust blowsssssssssss. other than that looks good. get rid of all the carbon stuff too.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I like it. Unfortunately, the 883 is the SV of Harley's. Ie, a "girls bike". He may have a hard time getting that kind of money from either the HD crowd or the sport-bike crowd. Perhaps the cafe guys might see value in it. Again, I like it and I'd be interested, but at $4-5k. I don't think he'd be interested in my business. :)

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I like it. Unfortunately, the 883 is the SV of Harley's. Ie, a "girls bike". He may have a hard time getting that kind of money from either the HD crowd or the sport-bike crowd. Perhaps the cafe guys might see value in it. Again, I like it and I'd be interested, but at $4-5k. I don't think he'd be interested in my business. :)
It's got the 1200 in it. :naughty:

·
Banned
180 Posts
The majority of cafe guys I know are more interested in inline twins than Vs.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
He built a Monster. Ducati could not be reached for comment.

Harley wanted Buell to build bikes more like that.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That is the common problem of custom builds. It takes a lot more time and money to make what you would like, but you better like it for yourself. Because you will probably never ever ever get the amount of investment that you put into it when it is time to sell.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It's probably the best looking custom Harley's I have seen.
I'm frugal as hell though, wouldn't drop that cash on it.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
That is a shame. If I was walking by it wouldn't even register as an expensive custom. My bad...but they all look the same to me. Couldn't they have come up with a better/trick intake? Elbow w/K&N doesn't seem right on a $30K custom. Maybe it just proves I'm completely out of touch with anything 'Hardley'.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
This is the bike that you bring to a meet and everyone talks to you about it. But it's not like "hey, that's some real trick work you did there..." or "you are a visionary, my good sir, and have made all other modern technology seem barbaric and crude"

No. Owning this poor Sportster is like walking a dog with a little wheel chair for hind legs. Everyone's interested because it's such a ******* shame it happened.

However, unlike the unfortunate event that turned Sparky FWD, everyone knows who's behind this monstrosity of a motorcycle. You are. You broke that Sportster with your fat wallet, big dumb dumb head and misguided desire to own another man's dream. Owning this bike is like breaking a puppy's legs.

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
This is the bike that you bring to a meet and everyone talks to you about it. But it's not like "hey, that's some real trick work you did there..." or "you are a visionary, my good sir, and have made all other modern technology seem barbaric and crude"

No. Owning this poor Sportster is like walking a dog with a little wheel chair for hind legs. Everyone's interested because it's such a ******* shame it happened.

However, unlike the unfortunate event that turned Sparky FWD, everyone knows who's behind this monstrosity of a motorcycle. You are. You broke that Sportster with your fat wallet, big dumb dumb head and misguided desire to own another man's dream. Owning this bike is like breaking a puppy's legs.
Tell us how you really feel! :icon_biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
TBH, I am very scared of my wife. Point taken!

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
Not that terrible.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts