Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im a dumbass and i learned my lession....i let my friend ride my bike in a parking lot....and he crashed it. He underestimated the torque and 12 o'clocked it in hit a parked car and layed it down on its left side...im a dumb ass i hate myself. Hes ok and the bike is too. No serious dammage just need a new tail section and tait light....ofcourse i just painted it. My vortex rear set on the left side ate ****. and my front end is tweaked, i think its my bars all can be fixed but all could have been avioded....dont give out your keys unless your ready to pay the price

·
Registered
827 Posts
sorry to hear about that.

unless i know its someone who has a motorcycle of their own (or are licensed), they are the only ones i allow to ride mine.

good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
I never let anyone else ride my bike, unless they are (1.) unquestionably experienced, and (2.) are insured/can afford to fix it if they bust it up.

Otherwise, I'm with kmziegelbauer. Tell 'em to get their own bike. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
My WIFE is not even allowed to touch the bike unless I am there. No one is allowed to even THINK about riding my bike. Just the way I am.

Hell I am going to sell one of my bikes soon to buy my wife her own just so when she drops it or crashes it I am ok with it as it is not one of mine that I have put work into...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hes has owned many motorcycles i thought he was more experienced than my self, i dont know what he was thinking...i dont know what i was thinking, he may have been trying to show off i dont know its bescides the point it happpend and i cant ride today....

·
Registered
257 Posts
I taught my girl to ride on my bike, but apparently she has more respect for the power it has than your friend is.

Sorry to hear about your bike man. That really sucks.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I'll lend/swap bikes with people I know (and who have been riding long enough to know what they are doing), but always with the understanding that anything broken will be fixed by them. Worst case scenario the insurance gets a workout...

Has your buddy been off of bikes for a few years or something, otherwise he sounds like an idiot...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I taught my girlfriend at the time how to ride, there was one close call where she came to a stop too quickly and the bike started to go over, but luckily it was right where i was standing and together we were able to catch it. If something happened i'd be bumbed, but it wouldn't be the end of the world to me.

I'll let my friends who ride, ride it off by themselves too, it makes me nervous, but if anything happend they'd cover it (they are out of towners, so when they visit i know they are itching to ride). Maybe i'm a little bit too trusting, but i'd only teach someone to ride if they were very close to me, never someone i didn't trust.

I guess the riding experience means so much to me that i want to share it with people that mean a lot to me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i guess it was just an accident, its my fault should have said if you want to ride get your own. Im the idiot for allowing it to happen, and it wont again. Lucky for me he is a good friend and is going to pay for all the damages he caused

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
I let my son who rides, ride my bike. Traded bikes for a while. He droped mine at 15mph on wet gravel. Per understanding,i got $1000 [shop est.] to effect repairs the next day.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Unless someone is very savvy with motorcycles, currently owns one and is financially secure there's no way they will ride my bike.

One note: Someone mentioned a potential rider being insured; that won't help. Insurance follows the bike, not the rider. It's your bike that's covered for collision. Their insurance won't cover damage to your bike, your insurance will.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
He better pay for it. I have let a few of my friends ride my bike, but they all knew that if anything happend to it, they would have to either fix my bike or buy me a new bike. They all respected the power and all went well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im just depressed made a couple mods ive been wanting to do for awhile had them just right for a month and then this happens, and the riding wheather here in florida is beautiful guess im stuck with cruzin in the cage for a bit

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
....dont give out your keys unless THEY ARE ready to pay the price
Here I fixed it for you. He's paying for the damages right? If not, maybe see if claiming it on your insurance. If it won't cause it to go up, do it that way and he can pay the deductible.

I know if I let anyone ride my bike they would have to be fully capable of paying for any damage. I've even turned down younger family members for that reason.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Go ahead and break his legs, you know, just to teach him a lesson.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
I think I've let 4 people ride mine, two are members here and would have paid for any damages they'd done had there been an occasion to do so.

Now you truely understand why most people don't let anyone ride their bikes. Lesson learned.

Speaking of..........

I let my hubby move mine at a gas station on our last ride. I honestly thought he was going to crash it! I will not let him move it again, EVER!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
My wife has told me that I could ride her bike when mine was laid up (flat tire). I told her I'd rather walk... Of course hers is a C50 -- feels like it weighs a ton and top heavy.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts