Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally break out the SV now that I am mostly unpacked here in FL, and decide to go ride through perdido key / orange beach AL. While at a stoplight, a guy on a brand new Harley road king pulls up right next to me (in my lane), looks my bike up and down real good and says " Smoke the tire!" I shake my head at him. "Pull a wheelie!" he says. At this point, I am not speaking to this asshat anymore, so I put my visor down and look away. The light turns green and he immediately goes WOT. It had recently rained and the road was a little damp, he starts to lose it, going across the yellow striped median into oncoming traffic. At the last minute he recovers, gets back on the proper side of the road and is gone. About this time, his buddy, who must have been a couple of cars behind me, comes roaring past me (in my lane) at probably 20-30 MPH faster than I was doing. I see them every once in a while for the next 20 minutes weaving in and out of traffic, until I finally see them stopped at what else? A bar. I thought idiots like this were supposed to be in wife beaters, riding R6s?

N

·
0 Posts
They don't call 'em bar hoppers for nuthin'. My local wannabe biker joint always has a full parking lot -I just can't believe they're all drinking O'Doul's!

:)

V

·
0 Posts
If Gulf Shores or Orange Beach PD sees those fruitcakes in action, they will be very sorry. Don't ask me how I know.......

How you liking P'cola?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
P'cola is pretty nice. I spent my college years in Mobile, and have been stationed in P'cola before, so it is kind of like my adopted home, I am happy to be back.

If you ever want to get some funny looks, ride down the beach on a 95 degree day with all your gear on, south dakota tags, and the military required construction worker orange vest. Most of the guys I passed on sportbikes looked at me like I had fungus growing out of my eye sockets.

What cracked me up about the Harley guys, I am used to seeing the Indian Larry looking guys up in south dakota. These dolts were in khaki shorts, polo shirts and deck shoes. (With the obligatory skid lid to meet AL helmet laws.) :D

·
King of D'bags
3,579 Posts
These dolts were in khaki shorts, polo shirts and deck shoes.
That my friend is your prototypical RUB - Rich Urban Biker. I think they're going to be the thing that pisses me off the most when I start working at the H-D dealership. Ignorant fucks. They're the same jackasses I want to punch in the back of the head at Jimmy Buffet concerts. (Although I've only been to one. Buffet's not really my thing.)

The hardcore bikers I respect. The posers with the tattoos and doorags who never put more than a thousand miles a year on their bikes not so much. The khaki toolboxes are the worst though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You, my friend, encountered a pair of GEN-U-INE Florida redneck bikers...don't worry, it won't be the last time!!

(nobody breed's rednecks like Florida breeds rednecks!, hell Oklahoma (where I live) can't touch 'em, nor AL, nor GA, nor Arkansas even!!!)

B

·
0 Posts
i call em Saturday Shiners ... the guys that do nothing but shine their bikes all week so that they ready to go on Saturday up to the local bar and hit on some married lady while their wife is home with the kids ...

cant stand em

1 - 8 of 8 Posts