Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Natural selection, it has been working ever since the first life form appeared on earth. Now the government wants to take its place. It is absolutely ridiculous. I don't see anybody trying to take off the market alcohol and cigarettes, but apparently little tiny magnetic balls are more dangerous.. This infuriates me, the stupid government trying to micro-manage people, just like the whole thing about smaller soda cups from fast-food restaurants... unbeliavable...

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
I can see both sides of that story, cause those little magnets are so friggin strong, if a kid swallowed some (at different times), I can EASILY see them perforating an intestine in minutes.
But should every possible hazard really be legislated?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I can't even image it's that dangerous, I swallowed a couple quarters when I was a kid (magic trick gone wrong with a slap on the back). What happened to kids playing in the dirt with sharp things and living to tell about it?

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
I can't even image it's that dangerous, I swallowed a couple quarters when I was a kid (magic trick gone wrong with a slap on the back). What happened to kids playing in the dirt with sharp things and living to tell about it?
I was playing w/ some at a friend's house.
I put one on each side of my eyebrow, and they're so strong, it actually broke the skin, trying to bore their way through to each other.

Yeah, they'd take an intestine out in a hurry.
If the kid swallowed them all in a bunch, they would be fine, but if they did one now, and one in a few hours, they would be in trouble.

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put one on each side of my eyebrow...
:roflmao:

Thanks Dave, you are the reason why this things are being banned.

Sent from my left shoe using the Motorcycle app

·
Registered
17,602 Posts

That's because you're ignorant of what they are capable of. That's not an insult. Go research the subject.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
That's because you're ignorant of what they are capable of. That's not an insult. Go research the subject.
No you're absolutely right. Dave summed it up pretty well, left alone they'd come out fine but in the presence of another magnet or metal it could be quite harmful.

·
Premium Member
2,389 Posts
Well if you're trying to get rid of your annoying kid and cash in life insurance, then this would be a good way...

-"Here kiddo! Merry Christmas! Go have fun with them!"
-"Daddy my tummy hurts!"
-"You're just saying that because you don't want to go to school tomorrow"

....."Honey, Little Jimmy's dead... Wanna go on a cruise?"

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Well if you're trying to get rid of your annoying kid and cash in life insurance, then this would be a good way...

-"Here kiddo! Merry Christmas! Go have fun with them!"
-"Daddy my tummy hurts!"
-"You're just saying that because you don't want to go to school tomorrow"

....."Honey, Little Jimmy's dead... Wanna go on a cruise?"

Crass and appalling.

I love it!

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
No you're absolutely right. Dave summed it up pretty well, left alone they'd come out fine but in the presence of another magnet or metal it could be quite harmful.

Yup.

I'm against having them banned, even though they're dangerous, but only because it is the parents' responsibility to protect the child.

The tools in my shop can kill in an instant AND I have kids...what now?

My table saw will take off a hand in an instant. My radial arm saw can take off an arm. My router table can eat fingers. My planer can tear an arm off. My lathe can tear an arm off...

·
The Well-Leathered Mod
4,614 Posts
Yup.

I'm against having them banned, even though they're dangerous, but only because it is the parents' responsibility to protect the child.

The tools in my shop can kill in an instant AND I have kids...what now?

My table saw will take off a hand in an instant. My radial arm saw can take off an arm. My router table can eat fingers. My planer can tear an arm off. My lathe can tear an arm off...
Why do you hate your children???

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I just bought a bunch of them on e-bay. I'm gonna be rich!

They're like the Jarts of the 20th century.

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm gonna stop buying Buckyballs,those things can kill you and soon they're gonna be illegal anyway... I will buy a completely legal and innocent assault riffle instead.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts