Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my hair was in full 80s hair metal mode, and finally grew past the minimum 10" that locksoflove.org wants.
got it cut yesterday and am looking human again. Added bonus, some kid with cancer will get a wig (well it takes about 10 tails to make a wig)

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
So, some poor sick kid is gonna have semi-permanent helmet hair?
(I keed, I keed. Good for you to think of people in need.)

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, some poor sick kid is gonna have semi-permanent helmet hair?
hopefully, or if it doesn't do anything for them, they sell it to offset manufacturing costs (to hair product manufacturers for testing or to adult wig manufacturers)

·
site supporter
6,051 Posts
How did you hear about this? (It wasn't from frequent salon visits.)

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you hear about this? (It wasn't from frequent salon visits.)
a decade or so ago I worked with an old hippie (think 3 feet of hair) who one day showed up with a buzz cut and told me about it. Then once I started growing it out, i remembered about it.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
That is very awesome of you! Did you grab like 10 times more shampoo than you needed the first time you washed it?

I donated my hair a few years ago. It was pretty long, middle of my back probably and in order to donate I had to cut it a lot shorter than I would have liked. Worth it though to donate it. ;) I should look into doing that again, I've let it grow out to about that same length now.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Awesome!! I did this a while back and its so weird going back to no hair after having a crap ton of it for quite a while. But the up side is that at least I know I felt like I wasn't a caveman any more. Did you already have the 10" min before you wanted to cut it or did you have to suck it up for a little while longer?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Wow! You went from a Klingon warrior to a clean cut Federation Starship Commander. Does your helmet feel a little looser now? LOL :lmao:

·
Registered
17,602 Posts
My daughter has donated her hair twice. As far as I can tell, she'll continue into the future. She's now nine.

Good on ya, man.

Wow! You went from a Klingon warrior to a clean cut Federation Starship Commander. Does your helmet feel a little looser now? LOL :lmao:

I thought much the same...yes, I'm a dork, too.

But, as a dad, I also thought, "I do NOT want a dude like that (in the first pic) to date my daughter!" Then I saw the last pic, "Oh, he's not so bad."

lol

·
very big dumb
8,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i was going for Ned Stark, I ended up with Warf :lmao:

helmet feels so weird without all the hair as padding! maybe i can even got to a size small :p

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Some 10 year old is going to look like Ozzy Osbourne???

·
MOTORADOR
10,967 Posts
Cool story bro.

Seriously :D

Sent from my right shoe using the Motorcycle app

1 - 20 of 21 Posts