Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes, the heavens dance and the planets align perfectly just when you least expect them to. I ordered a Dominator GP exhaust from Europe before Xmas expecting it to arrive when the wife was a work. Well, guess what, it was a no show - probably due to the shit weather NZ is having up north at the moment. Anyhow, this morning, the wife tells me she's going to meeting a friend for a coffee and off she goes. Two minutes later, the courier pulls up outside the house with my new exhaust. Holy crap, I dodged a bullet there! Anyhow, an hour later, it's on the bike and I have to say, I'm stoked with it. I even managed to fit my home-made stainless heat shield to the mid-pipe. I had a Dominator GP1 exhaust on my last bike and reckon you can't beat them for value. The materials and build quality are excellent - I know this because I tried to pull the last one apart to repair it! I know, the purists will say "Oh no, you can't get better than Yoshi or Akrapovic" but hey, don't care! I ain't one for paying over the odds for stuff and am certainly not prepared to pay the Yoshi/Akrapovic tax! This set up cost me $250 so I'm not that bothered if it gets a bit dinged or beaten up. I'd certainly be pretty pissed if I damaged a $1500 unit from one of the so-called top end manufacturers! Anyhow, check it out.

Attachments

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stumpy? Yes. Loud? Definitely! How does it sound? AWESOME! Why would you have a v-twin and not want to accentuate that beautiful engine sound? Doesn't come with a dB killer [optional] but has provision for one which I have ordered. TBH, I'm only intending to find a place to stow this on the bike just in case the cops decided to pull me for whatever reason! It'll be a case of "Oh officer, you're so knowledgeable. I had no idea that's what this thing was for! I'll fit it immediately and be on my way!" That said, I've been watching the racing at Ruapuna this arvo and took the long way home via Tai Tapu & Gebbies. A marked cop bike passed me on the Old Tai Tapu road and, apart from a courteous nod, didn't even give me a second look. :confused:

· Registered
154 Posts
I like it...Props for the intelligent parts spec. AND the DIY heat shield.. very nice. I'm right there with ya. ;-)

BY FAR,.....the KRAZIEST thing about the "brand" exhausts is the freekin' beat to hell, crash damaged Yosh, Akra, 2 Bros, M4, hell, Jardine exhausts on ebay sellling for HUNDREDS !?!?!?!?! Seriously WTF is up with that? Who buys that shite ?

If I wasn't such a Carbon Fiber whore I'd have probably snagged one of these or one of the Delkevic alloy options w/similar pricing and well reviewed...

PS: I got a db killer with my Delk as well,.... it never made it outta the box, these 14in Delk. cans are much louder, beefier, better sounding than OEM obvs. yet considerably quieter than a shorty can or their 9in. cans. It sounds fantastic, but it's not really LOUD per se.

There is a li'l hooligan in me that really wants to snag one of the the 9in CF cans and see how woolly the volume gets..;-)

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"There is a li'l hooligan in me that really wants to snag one of the the 9in CF cans and see how woolly the volume gets..;-)"

Yeah, this stubby is pretty loud. I must admit, off the bike, I'm a mild-mannered 55 year old dude who isn't fazed by much. On it though, I can be a bit of a 'hoonigan' at times! My missus spotted me the other day on my way home from work. I didn't realise she was a couple of cars behind me in a work vehicle. When I got home, she asked me if that was me weaving in and out of traffic and lane splitting. My reply, "No love, must have been someone with a bike & gear like mine!" Her reply. "Your 55, married with four kids. Grow up and don't be a fucktard all your life!" Can't argue with that! 😉

1 - 6 of 6 Posts