Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, just decided to replace my fork seals and had a quick question. I was going to purchase the seals and dust covers from cyclepartsnation.com but they listed 3 different versions of forks for the first gen svs. I have a 01 s model, now i noticed that most of the part numbers were the same, but whats the difference? and how would i tell which version i have? thanks

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
are they indicated as k1 or k2? 2001 model should be k1.
check your local dealer, mine had them in stock.
also, if you are careful, you don't need new dust seals, unless they are beat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol I should be more careful in how I word things. I was meaning what is the difference between the different versions of forks? I assumed the N model forks were for a naked. My local dealer would have to order them, and he was asking 30 bucks each for the seals, which is a bit much for a broke, married college student lol.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Lol I should be more careful in how I word things. I was meaning what is the difference between the different versions of forks? I assumed the N model forks were for a naked. My local dealer would have to order them, and he was asking 30 bucks each for the seals, which is a bit much for a broke, married college student lol.
30 each! thats insane. my dealer was like 15 or 20 i think
I don't know if they are different from the n to s.
check the ron ayers or oneida fiche. I really doubt the seals are different though. first gen to second gen is a different company making the forks. but i don't think thats what you are dealing with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts