Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
i say hyosung sucks, if they put out a product that is as finely tuned and built as well as a japanese bike, then ill consider looking at one, but why pay the same amount of money for an inferior product

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Dennis316 said:
i say hyosung sucks, if they put out a product that is as finely tuned and built as well as a japanese bike, then ill consider looking at one, but why pay the same amount of money for an inferior product
Nearly the exact words uttered about Honda more than a few years ago. Now - they might as well trademark the word 'reliability'.

Not saying you should buy a Hyosung - but all you're seeing is the tip of the iceberg. Yeah - they may have issues right now, but you have to start somewhere - except, unlike Honda - they're already a highly successful multi-national company with deep pockets and ties around the world. They build over 200,000 units annually and are suppliers to the auto industry. They and other companies like them will not take the several decades Japan did to gain parity with the competition.

It's not if - but when.

·
Registered
413 Posts
FunkDaddy said:
It was reverse-engineered according to a Motorcyclist article.
that same article said hyosung was recruiting suzuki engineers to do said reverse engineering

they also had a quote by some random joe...
"you laugh at them now, but honda was laughed at 20 years or so ago"

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Solitary said:
. USD forks
the USD forks are just that, up side down, crappy damper rod forks just like the SV

do not confuse them with USD cartridge forks found on ligh performance sportbikes

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
mike_the_mechanic said:
If Hyosung manufactures parts for suzuki that were not up to spec, I'm sure suzuki would rectify that problem or end their relationship real quick.
BTW, The same GE that makes toaster ovens and light bulbs, also happens to make the 20mm vulcan machine gun and F404-400 turbine engines for the F/A-18's that I maintain for the navy. Not a problem as long as these things are manufactured to spec.
GE, or pratt for that matter, don't make many differant parts to the jet engines, they usually have "job shops" making the majority of parts for them

we aren't gonna get into specs here ;)

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
mike_the_mechanic said:
If Hyosung manufactures parts for suzuki that were not up to spec, I'm sure suzuki would rectify that problem or end their relationship real quick.
BTW, The same GE that makes toaster ovens and light bulbs, also happens to make the 20mm vulcan machine gun and F404-400 turbine engines for the F/A-18's that I maintain for the navy. Not a problem as long as these things are manufactured to spec.
they told us that Matel cast a bunch of the parts for our M-16s at recruit training. not sure if it was true. most of the things they told us weren't. but it was all designed around not dying.

also doesn't GE make a lot of the control units for the F-18s?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Some dude on another site was trying to tell me that SVs don't have Suzuki drivelines but rather they have Korean made Hyosung motors...tell me this is just a lie :puke:

I figure you guys would be the more credible source...thanks!
Sorry to say but Hyosung has been making engines for Suzuki for 50 + years, good engines if you look after them

21 - 30 of 30 Posts