Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello SV aficionados
I just got an 06 SV650 and I've been reading in this forum about the vast improvement that the TRE mod does to the lower gear riding. Well, I'm sold on the idea however I have a question.
The bike came with a Leo Vince pipe and a PC3. I'm assuming that the previous owner had those installed and tuned at some point. I asked him about the TRE mod but he wasn't sure what I was referring to. So, at this point, I'm not sure if this mod has been done or not.
Is there anyway to tell if the mod has been done already? (like a voltage measurement or something like that).
Thank you in advanced for any suggestions.
Miguel

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Chances are if he doesn't know about it, it hasn't been done.

One way to tell if it has been done is by inspection. I believe the area you put the TRE eliminator at is just between the tank and the seat. Someone should verify that. Better yet, check out Steve's TRE sale page. That has to have a picture somewhere. It's pretty obvious to see if it is there or not once you have found the right location.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
That is all Steve does, he just does it in a nice little package with connectors. The heat shrink will be obvious if you see it. There shouldn't be any around there stock.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve's aTRE is only engaged when the bike in in gear. I'm not an electrical engineer but it seems to me that Steve's device is more complex than a simple resistor in series. There are probably resistors in his device but there is probably a more complex circuit as well.
Anyway, I'll look around the tank/seat area to see if there is anything obvious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts