Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock photos, to be more precise. (images already taken)

What agencies, websites or methods do you use? Do you sell prints of your photos, and do you subcontract the printing process out or print them yourself?

I'd like to be able to sell some of my pictures online. I also want to be removed as much from the process as possible. By this, I mean that I'd like to process the pics that I've taken, post them on a site where people frequent, they pick the photo they like, pay for it, the system prints and ships it and I get a few bucks. I do this as a hobby and don't want the fun ruined by having to do work. By no means am I aspiring to become a professional, or even semi-pro. A few extra bucks in suppliment for more gear would, however, be nice.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
Most stock agencies won't talk to you unless you have hundreds if not thousand of images ready to go and separated by themes. And then you only get paid if someone wants to use your image for something.

:)

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Most stock agencies won't talk to you unless you have hundreds if not thousand of images ready to go and separated by themes. And then you only get paid if someone wants to use your image for something.

:)
I've been reading up on microstock. It pays less, but you can add one to one million photos and your photos are mixed within everyone elses.

I have in the mid-hundreds worth of photos... less than a 5% keeper-rate ;).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Might be best to try and join a local photo club. Then, as a organization, you can have showings @ local events. A buddy of mine did exactly that ... joined a photo club (which also teaches him how to become a better photographer), and got to be part of an exhibit that the club was having at a local shopping pavilion. He sold 2 or 3 photos that he had on display. To me, that seems to be the best way to initially get your name out there ... just my 2 cents :)

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Might be best to try and join a local photo club. Then, as a organization, you can have showings @ local events. A buddy of mine did exactly that ... joined a photo club (which also teaches him how to become a better photographer), and got to be part of an exhibit that the club was having at a local shopping pavilion. He sold 2 or 3 photos that he had on display. To me, that seems to be the best way to initially get your name out there ... just my 2 cents :)
I'm really not looking to go pro, or anything above a hobbiest for that matter. I just don't want to devote the time, but thanks for the recommendation. I'm really just looking to make a few bucks off of images so the hobby can pay for itself.

I did just apply at istockphoto.com. I'm pretty confident I'll be let it. It'll also be nice because it's very hands-off.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
why?? um, right click, save pic as....lolol

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
why?? um, right click, save pic as....lolol
Right, but if a commercial industry did that for marketing, advertizing or profit, and were caught, there'd be heafty fines for unauthorized use of copywrighted material (yes, once the picture is snapped, it's the personal copywrighted material of the photagrapher). They need to purchase a license or enter into an agreement with the copywright owner.

Also, when you put a watermark across the image, it's a little distracting to copy the image ;).

I don't care if people use my pics for personal use. Also, I never give away a full-rez pic unless explicitly asked for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts