Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to admit it but my back is starting to get sore. I'm a first year medical student and I lug around a backpack full of books with me almost everywhere I go. Anyone know if there is anything out there that's not to bulky to get them off my back?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I rock the Kriega US-10

It's GREAT. Waterproof, simple, looks great. I put my standard over the shoulder bag inside of it, though you can carry the bag itself without it looking too weird.

I've also found that it's straps work to mount the Kifaru E&E, which I use as my everyday bag.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx, Yeah I definitely want a tail bag. I guess i will do what you do and ride with my everyday pack inside the tail pack. Do you think the ones that zip onto the bike are sturdy enough to hold 5-6 textbooks? I'm thinking throwing my day pack in the tail bag and i should be all set. Anyone use anything else?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx Barchack. I ordered the Kriega US-20 today, can't wait to start using it. I'm going to wait and see how easy it is to get on/off quick and I'll probably just use that for my book bag. Ill let you know how I like it. I'm from Ithaca originally where do you go ride up there?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
When I used my bike to go to work and back and I had a large computer briefcase, I would just strap it to the passenger seat using three bungee cords. Worked like a charm. That way I wouldn't have to buy a specific case for the bike and when I got to my destination, I could take the three cords off an have a regular computer case to carry around instead of special bike bag.

Anyways, so my suggestion is just try strapping your current backpack to the passenger seat with bungee cords. You may have play around with them for a while to find which bungee locations work best for your backpack.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanx Barchack. I ordered the Kriega US-20 today, can't wait to start using it. I'm going to wait and see how easy it is to get on/off quick and I'll probably just use that for my book bag. Ill let you know how I like it. I'm from Ithaca originally where do you go ride up there?
Awesome. You won't regret picking up that bag.

I'm still finding places to ride right now. The SV is still pretty new to me, so I've just been beating myself up on RT 26 until I find some nice spots.

·
Registered
396 Posts
+1 for the a tail bag. I used a set of Nelson Rigg saddle bags when I was riding to/from school. It worked fairly well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts