Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 naked that I ride daily throughout the summer for commuting, and my girlfriend and I go on rides almost daily. While for me it's fine, the passenger seat is extremely uncomfortable for my girlfriend.

Today I took my 2000 SV out that I bought for track purposes only, and my girlfriend had a much better time riding on that bike instead, because the seat doesn't have the sharp edges that cut off circulation to her legs.

I tried what I hoped would be a simple swap, but found out immedietly there's no way the first gen seat will fit on the second gen bike.

I did a quick search for aftermarket passenger seats, but couldn't find much of anything.

So does anyone make a passenger seat shaped like the first gen bikes that will fit the second gen bike? Or has anyone modified the second gen seat core to fit the second gen foam?

This would help a lot as she typically can last 45 minutes tops, but today we were out for well over 3 hours with absolutely no problems.

No, I can't switch uses for the bikes either, or I'd just ride the roundy all the time with her. (all the lights are coming off as well as other parts, so it won't be legal)

·
Registered
334 Posts
you caaaan.... make your own seat, theres a few online shops that sell teh gel alone and then bust out your sewing gear... you know you have it. dont lie! haha.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
+1 on Spencer's services... he did a great job on my seat, fast turnaround, did exactly what I needed based on my riding style. He does do passenger seats -- didn't have mine done, but based on what he did to my rider seat, I'm guessing you'll be very happy with the results. (Get your rider seat done while you're at it!)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spencer doesn't do what I was hoping for, we conversed some but he says what I'm after isn't in his realm.

I'll check out Rick Mayer next.

Thanks for the leads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts