Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an 2004 SV1000 motor. If anyone could point me in the right direction, i would really appreciate it! I prefer the engine to be in the western states so I can pick it up in person. I dont like the online transactions. too many people scamming. :/ Thank you! :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I hate to break it to you, but unless you're lucky enough to live close to an eBay seller you're not going to find one in a shop or at a dealer. The majority of this forum, and the internet for that matter, completes internet transactions on a regular basis without getting scammed...

·
Registered
832 Posts
A gerneral location would be helpful along with how far you are willing to travel. Hard to know what you consider to be western states. Scamming on eBay is rare especially if you pay with PayPal and use the dispute function timely in case of an incident.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im in vegas, any state that touches Vegas I would be willing to travel to. California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona. Thank you for your suggestions. I am also trying to avoid shipping. I found two salvage yards on the east coast that have engines but Im sure shipping would be $300. That part is not in my budget. Another reason I would like to buy local. Thank you again for suggestions. PS. The Ebay motors are twice the price of a salvage yard. Plus shipping.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, its called honesty. Everybody has an opinion, nobody asked for yours. With that being said, if you dont know where a motor is, dont post on this thread. Nobody likes a hater except for haters themselves. Thanks for your input though. If you dont have something productive to add this conversation, you probably dont belong in the conversation in the first place.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I did a little more looking around here earlier and only found cosmetic and odds and ends parts mainly for the 650's. Since the east coast salvage yards are 1/2 the price and $300 shipping, it would be a bitter pill swallow, but definitely the cheaper of the two options so far.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
It's fun when people don't know how to use the internet. Guess you should pull out a phone book and start calling salvage yards, because that's the only thing that's going to keep you safe. However, I'd probably trust an eBay seller more than I'd trust some of the salvage yards I've been to...

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
I'd probably trust an eBay seller more than I'd trust some of the salvage yards I've been to...
Same here, although I do like to check things out in person when the opportunity arises.

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Screw this crap. You expect our help after an attitude like that? Ha.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yeah, its called honesty. Everybody has an opinion, nobody asked for yours. With that being said, if you dont know where a motor is, dont post on this thread. Nobody likes a hater except for haters themselves. Thanks for your input though. If you dont have something productive to add this conversation, you probably dont belong in the conversation in the first place.
Actually, I do know where a motor is. There is a spare one in my garage, but since I don't belong in this conversation, this will be my last reply. Have a nice day.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Glad to hear that youve never been scammed. I have.
Then the chances of it happening again are slim.

Nothing to add, But when a newb comes to SVR thinking they run the place, this is what happens.

I mean. Come on. Only jbswear gets to decide what's posted in his threads.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Im in vegas, any state that touches Vegas I would be willing to travel to. California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona. Thank you for your suggestions. I am also trying to avoid shipping. I found two salvage yards on the east coast that have engines but Im sure shipping would be $300. That part is not in my budget. Another reason I would like to buy local. Thank you again for suggestions. PS. The Ebay motors are twice the price of a salvage yard. Plus shipping.
Since you are not having much luck locating just the motor, perhaps you could expand the search to include an entire wrecked bike? Purchase binned bike, remove motor (the part that you seek) and part out whatever is left over. It might increase your initial cost, but it also may increase your chances of finding what you are looking for, within your definition of "western states".

Good luck with your search. With your attitude, I imagine that you may have trouble finding people to work with you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.