Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find out a little bit about this bike and I'm possibly considering checking it out as a replacement for my SV. I think I would have quite a bit of fun on a super moto bike like this. My commute is 95% twisty mountain road, 5% highway usually going about 80 mph. They don't seem to be too common but I have been able to find a couple locally. I'm wondering how this bike would compare to my SV as far as handling and power go?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Always wanted one of those, for the same reason i like the sv

it is naked and mean looking.

Q

·
Registered
722 Posts
My buddy has an LC4 Supermoto. It is a nice bike. It is reasonably fast (thumper, 640cc), but vibrates quite a bit. He runs it on the highway w/o any problem. KTM's though, appear to be expensive to work on and require frequent maintenence. I'm happier on the SV, but the dirtbike kind of thing is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Nimbus said:
My buddy has an LC4 Supermoto.  It is a nice bike.  It is reasonably fast (thumper, 640cc), but vibrates quite a bit.  He runs it on the highway w/o any problem.  KTM's though, appear to be expensive to work on and require frequent maintenence.  I'm happier on the SV, but the dirtbike kind of thing is pretty cool too. 
+1

Buddy had the Duke II 990? I think? He got rid of it in under a month.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
One of my best friends has had one for the last 4 years. He really likes it. Great power, suspension, and brakes. Won't pull from low revs tho, and he says it only it comfortable for around 30 miles. Bit buzzy and his hands and feet go numb. It's also hard to carry stuff on it because of the plastic tank and there is no place to hook bunjies on the back. I haven't ridden it yet because I think I'd fall over at a light. The seat is way up there. :) If you're really interested, pm, me and I'll give you his email and he can tell you all of the pros and cons.

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
You see quite a few guys on Dukes really dicing it up around London... Those things are like voodoo in a traffic jam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts