Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Suzuki rear seat eliminator and I put it on just now but it fits badly. The gap is huge and it seems like it is a tad bit too far forward. Can I adjust this at all? There was nothing in the instructions about making any minor adjustments.

Guess I'll go play around with it more later.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Same with mine, I've tried tweaking and adding/removing spacers and trimming plastic but no matter what it's just a crappy fit, mines got a quarter inch gap in the front, forward an eighth and the very back has rubbed the paint off where it meets the tail.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Do two things...

Put the rubber bumpers from the rear seat onto the replacement cowl. Second, take a Dremel and slot the holes for the bolts that hold the male portion of the latch to the cowl. You want to move the latch forward, effective moving the cowl backwards when on the bike.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
WOW, I've thought about getting a rear seat cowl (haven't yet) but I would've assumed the fit would be perfect. ???

I can live with the seat....

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do two things...

Put the rubber bumpers from the rear seat onto the replacement cowl. Second, take a Dremel and slot the holes for the bolts that hold the male portion of the latch to the cowl. You want to move the latch forward, effective moving the cowl backwards when on the bike.
Thanks. Those helped quite a bit actually. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, so it fits well now after you did that? I actually like the look of the OEM better than the Targa, so I want to make sure that bad boy will fit without hassle!
It is much better. I might play around with a couple more things later on to get that gap down just a bit more. Probably need to move that bracket forward just a hair more and I'm going to try taping a piece of thin cardboard around the metal hook for the rear of the seat.

The paint is a slight bit darker than mine but that may just be because it is new and my bike is a year old now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts