Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More specifically, do the Swatt 1 1/2" rise clip-ons fit a second gen naked? I've read a lot of posts but everybody seems to be putting them on an "s". I also read a post that the 2 1/2" rise clip-ons interfered with the upper triple fork pinch bolts. Sooooooo, anybody put 1 1/2" rise on a naked successfully? I've already fixed the issue with the stock headlight bracket, I just don't know about the pinch bolts.

·
Registered
856 Posts
oh wow gotta work on my reading comprehension,i know what the problem could be ,if the risers are to close to the stantions they interfer with the bolts on the top clamps that stick out alot ,one of my winter machining projects is my own version of swatt risers for a lady friend ,i'm kind of regreting starting ,now i have to check for clearence ,and they're almost done. If the 41mm swatts dont work with sv's that's a major design flaw ,then what bikes would they work on?Hand made stuff takes sooo long for me ,i just go off on details ;all the parts interlock then the bolts hold them together, hollowed, shaped and beveled all by hand ,i keep swearing to only make parts that can't be bought.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Any answer to this? If it matters, I currently have the S top triple with S stock clip-ons, but have recently scored a set of Swatt 2.5" clip ons from this forum and I do want to put my naked top triple back on. When I get my bike back (another story) and when I receive my Swatts, I'm going to give it a try.

I was thinking by eye-balling it, that I may have to drill some material off the Swatt for the fork pinch bolts to fit. This, of course would fix the clip on location, so, I'd better be sure I like it there before doing any drilling (height and angle-wise).

tk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, just looking at the bike it looks like there will be issues with any clip-on risers. I don't know, I really want clip-ons but may just go with the sm bars. Still looking for someone that has experience with the Swatt clip-ons on a a naked.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed Bill Swatt, here's what he said:

"I have never installed them on the naked version. Here's what I can tell you; the distance between the fork tubes and the risers are just over 17mm (.67"). I also make a spacer if that is not enough. The spacer provides an extra 7mm (.27"). If you need more info please let me know, I am here to help (or try at least).
Bill"

I did a rough measurement and it looks like even with the spacer I would still need an additional 4-5mm, or a total of 28-29mm to clear the pinch bolts. So it looks like I may be going with the SM type 1's after all. Darn, I really wanted clip ons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts