Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not very mechanically inclined but i would like my footpegs a little back and up, I saw Suzuki SV650 SV650s 1999 - 2016 Adjustable Rear Set Riser Plates and they seem perfect but im not understanding what its saying about the rear brake, shouldnt I be able to just put these on my 05 sv650 and still have the rear brake light work because they are just 2 small plates not whole new rearsets.

·
Registered
318 Posts
The chap I bought my 2003 SV650S from installed home-made rear-set plates to lower the pegs (to allow for his, and now my, long legs). He made a wire extension to allow actuation of the existing rear brake switch.

Your plan is to raise the footpegs (and rear brake) so you might need to shorten the spring. The rear brake switch is adjustable but maybe not enough.

Also, take a peek at these
cheaper, but not quite as versatile.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The chap I bought my 2003 SV650S from installed home-made rear-set plates to lower the pegs (to allow for his, and now my, long legs). He made a wire extension to allow actuation of the existing rear brake switch.

Your plan is to raise the footpegs (and rear brake) so you might need to shorten the spring. The rear brake switch is adjustable but maybe not enough.

Also, take a peek at these
cheaper, but not quite as versatile.
I think Im just going to live with them, Im not very confident in doing that without messing something up. Thanks for the info

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, when I fitted my rear sets they came with parts to adapt the brake switch but it seemed untidy, so I bought a pressure switch that mounted directly on the rear master cylinder a easy fix and neat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts