Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am picking up my 2004 svs next saturday, I cant wait......Now one of the first things i want to get done is to get rid of that fender, now looking around here i was having a hard time finding some of my options for making a fender eliminator for the 2003+....It would help if anyone had a pattern for the for the undertail to cut out of metal, then if i could just make a bracket to hold the turn signals and plate. If you guys could just post up some pics of what you have for undertails, Im just not willing to spend 100 bucks for a piece of metal, i can make something work.

also what are some decent turn rear signals that are smaller than stock but are nice and bright and last for awhile too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and also if you get a holeshot highmount, what are your options for turn signals or are you pretty much stuck with flushmounts to the rear of the bike.....are there any flushmounts that work nicely also?

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
There are a couple cheap eliminator ideas under the tips and tricks section, did you see those?.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea didnt see anything for the 03+

just saw the group buy on the clear alternatives lights, so might do that for my signals. are they dot legal

·
Registered
24 Posts
on my '00 I cut the fender flat, and cut out a peice of aluminum..., then screwed it to the bottom..and fashioned a plate and signal holder out of some structural joints for wooden beams, from home depot.
cost: about $10 (metal, screws, locktight, dremel bit)
Time: a couple of hours.

I'll try to get some pics...but its out of batteries.

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my 03. I cut the fender flat with the undertail then flipped the metal license plate bracket over and mounted it to the flap below the battery box with marine grade hardware.

·
Registered
363 Posts
sv dave said:
On my 03. I cut the fender flat with the undertail then flipped the metal license plate bracket over and mounted it to the flap below the battery box with marine grade hardware.
What did you do about rear blinkers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Home Depot special. Bought a bracket, bolts, and locking nuts. Then used the existing plate bracket to mount the plate and turn signals. Peice of cake. Cost me maybe $1, a ride to Home Depot, and an hour.

After removing the stock fender, the plastic/mounting surface (where the HD bracket is mounted) will be unstable. Using the old fender bolts/mounting location, I drilled two holes in the mounting surface and screwed in the old fender bolts through these new holes, into the tail frame. I can post pics if you need them.

Here are the pics I do have.

·
Registered
238 Posts
svisgood03 said:
What did you do about rear blinkers?
get one of those taillight integators, turns your rear tailight into blinkers also. I bought mine that way (used) but it's a trailer wiring switch of some type. Maybe others know? If you're interested, I could take my lazy ass to the garage and tell you what it is exactly.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
i just sawed off as much i could,flipped the license plate bracket up-side-down and leaving room to mount the plate.not sure how the '03+'s are set up,but maybe this will give you an idea.i do want new directionals though!Buell XB1(i think thats the model) signals work well on the SV.smaller,but DOT legal,and they look pretty decent(cheap,too).But this fender elimator didn't cost me a dime,so i can't really complain.At least it's better than that huge frikkin' snow shovel.. ::)

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
+1 for the home depot option, but I bought the Clear Alternative signal integrator lights to solve the signal problem.

I just drilled small holes in the undertail and bolted it to the mounts the fender was attached to. Then mounted some simple L brackets to hold the plate in place. I later wired an LED from radio smack for a license plate light (required by law in Texas)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts