Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wassup Guys, Ive Been Posting Alot Lately, And Have Another Question, Sorry But New To Riding. I Just Ordered My Lower Fairings Today, So Should Be Here Newxt Week, But I Do Not Have Frame Sliders...do I Need Them Too Install The Lower Fairings???

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Don't need them to install, but I recommend using them to protect your investment in case of the unfortunate.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wassup Guys, Ive Been Posting Alot Lately, And Have Another Question, Sorry But New To Riding. I Just Ordered My Lower Fairings Today, So Should Be Here Newxt Week, But I Do Not Have Frame Sliders...do I Need Them Too Install The Lower Fairings???
If you plan to never let your bike fall over then you don't need frame sliders, but they've saved me a couple of times. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
They're not necessary, but they are highly recommended by pretty much everybody. They've saved my bike twice already from two low speed crashes. I think they're even more important for people with fairings because those plastics are a hassle to repair/ expensive to replace.

Most people here get motosliders. I think they have no cut sliders for full fairings. Check the banner.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
You only need them for when your bike tips over. If you never tip your bike over then you don't need them.

·
Registered
743 Posts
They are kinda like a mini insurance policy...hopefully you will never need them...but they just may protect your ride from unnecessary damage if your bike falls over or you wreck.

peace...murfy

·
Registered
90 Posts
YOU NEED FRAME SLIDERS. A couple of weeks ago I was out riding in an area I wasn't entirely familiar with, and plenty far from home. Came into a corner too hot and had a choice of lowsiding to my left or trying to ride through the sand and into a patch of trees several yards away - chose the trees, but before I could get there the real wheel went left and I went down right, sliding for about 10 feet. My right side nicely rashed up. I picked myself up and the bike, which I was actually able to ride home.

My point is, if it hadn't been for the frame sliders I would have been stuck about 2 hours away from home trying to hitch a ride back or spending mega bucks on a tow or cab ride from eastern PA to Jersey where I live. Also, I didn't have to replace ANY parts, not even the bar end mirrors.

So do yourself a favor and get framesliders.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
no you dont need them.

only need them if you wreck, dont wreck and you will be fine.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Unless you're prone to dropping your bike while it sits motionless in your garage while trying to get cute with putting it on jack stands....um, then no you don't need them.

Bottom line, they're good to have

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Need, no. Good idea in general, yes. Save you more money than if you hadn't bought them if you tip over, most likely yes.

Yes.

And Please Don't Capitalize Every Word In Your Post. ;)

He Didn't, He Typed In All Caps And The Forum Software Altered It. ;)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Do you need them? No. Is it a good idea to have them? Absolutely.

I have frame sliders on my 05 SVN. No plastics, but it will still help should the unfortunate ever happen and the bike goes down. I also have the Doug Z Customs rear swingarm spool/slider combo.

I don't think you can ever be too cautious about protecting your investment.

Same idea as my buddy with the crash cage he put on his R6. He doesn't stunt at all, but, he put it on there because of the place he used to work at. His bike was kicked over like 6 times by the other guys who worked there who rode. He was the only sportbike guy there, everyone else rode a Harley, and they messed with his bike constantly. After having to replace both side pieces of his plastics, he got the cage put on to keep some money in his wallet from having to repair/replace those plastics again.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Just don't do this and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
you dont need them but if you fall you will wish you had them

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Ever put your stand down on something soft?
Ever sliped on a oil puddle in a gas station?
That sound you just herd,cost a thousand bucks to repair!
Maybe you are the luckyest guy on the road,but i wouldn't count on it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts