Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. I just got a new set of motosliders , but once I remove the original mounting bolt, I noticed that there are two more parts on the left side. I think they are called locknut and an adjuster bolt. do these stay in or do I remove them before installing the motoslider bolt/nuts ?

also, is there an instruction .doc url that actually works these days? it's for a '00 sv650N

·
Premium Member
3,229 Posts
They stay in place.

:) ++1 on this advice, Remove the long Through Bolt in the bike from the factory only. Replace it with the MotoSliders Custom Made in the USA Through Bolt Provided from the Right Hand side with the provided Puck already on the Through Bolt. Them slip the supplied Large Washer onto the through bolt from the left side followed by the Left Side Puck, the one with the larger base and then apply Blue Loctite to the Through Bolt Threads and then the Supplied Nut goes onto the through bolt.

Tighten Good and Snug, avoid the urge to go Gorilla on tightening. Remember, Blue Loctite is your friend use it and be generous, it will not allow the bolt or nut to loosen or back off without your direct input,

These are excellent parts that will serve you well,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

1 - 3 of 3 Posts