Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a new rear tire this afternoon. I got "screwed" during a 300 mile ride in Southern Indiana Saturday. When we discovered it after the ride it wasn't leaking but since a plug kit and mini compressor was available the screw was removed and tire plugged. It performed flawlessly on the way home yesterday (200 plus miles) but knowing how I ride at times it seemed prudent to replace it before my next long ride. Other that that, it was a great weekend, 840 miles from Friday to Sunday.:)

·
Premium Member
2007 SV1000S; 2005 Ninja 250; 2011 Ninja 1000; 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition; 2023 Ninja 400
2,108 Posts
That's fast service! But aren't they out of Louisville or Lexington? You could have walked a couple blocks, knocked on their door and had same day. ;D

·
Premium Member
2007 SV1000S; 2005 Ninja 250; 2011 Ninja 1000; 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition; 2023 Ninja 400
2,108 Posts
Several of the local dealers here couldn't get my wife's tires for atleast 7 days, but no more than 10 days. I came home, ordered the exact tires from MSS and had them in 3 days, free shipping. Makes me wonder about the dealers a little.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Several of the local dealers here couldn't get my wife's tires for atleast 7 days, but no more than 10 days. I came home, ordered the exact tires from MSS and had them in 3 days, free shipping. Makes me wonder about the dealers a little.
It's the difference between being a store with a supplier that has regular weekly shipping schedules and being a customer that gets something shipped to them once. The dealers probably have established shipments when they get inventory, and are just waiting until then to add your tire to an existing inventory order. Maybe??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.