Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a new rear tire this afternoon. I got "screwed" during a 300 mile ride in Southern Indiana Saturday. When we discovered it after the ride it wasn't leaking but since a plug kit and mini compressor was available the screw was removed and tire plugged. It performed flawlessly on the way home yesterday (200 plus miles) but knowing how I ride at times it seemed prudent to replace it before my next long ride. Other that that, it was a great weekend, 840 miles from Friday to Sunday.:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flats are the pits. Glad that you got it fixed.

That looks like a Shinko 011 Verge. How do you like it?
Good eye! I liked it OK but am going with Michelin this time based on the performance of the current front tire. The thing has gone and gone and....is finally showing some wear.;)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, what service! I ordered the tire from motorcyclesuperstore.com yesterday afternoon and it was on my porch when I got home from work today.;D

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
That's fast service! But aren't they out of Louisville or Lexington? You could have walked a couple blocks, knocked on their door and had same day. ;D

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's fast service! But aren't they out of Louisville or Lexington? You could have walked a couple blocks, knocked on their door and had same day. ;D

They have a store in Louisville, I am 4 hours West, I expected it to be at least 2 days.

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Several of the local dealers here couldn't get my wife's tires for atleast 7 days, but no more than 10 days. I came home, ordered the exact tires from MSS and had them in 3 days, free shipping. Makes me wonder about the dealers a little.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Several of the local dealers here couldn't get my wife's tires for atleast 7 days, but no more than 10 days. I came home, ordered the exact tires from MSS and had them in 3 days, free shipping. Makes me wonder about the dealers a little.
It's the difference between being a store with a supplier that has regular weekly shipping schedules and being a customer that gets something shipped to them once. The dealers probably have established shipments when they get inventory, and are just waiting until then to add your tire to an existing inventory order. Maybe??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts