Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after getting a new set of tires and inspection...ONE damn thing didn't pass take a while guess as to what it was??? It was the fact that I don't have a license plate light!!! Apparently the previous owner eliminated the fender and left out the light...which to me, I think the break light is more then enough to shine on the plate...but apparently not enough for them...since I don't really want to be ghetto about it and cut a hole on the bottom of my tail light like some ppl i know, I guess I just gotta throw on some kinda light to temporarily till i get this inspection :mad: So who else here has had some gay stupid lil thing not pass inspection???

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
buy some of those license plate bolt lights :-*

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Or just go to a private inspection place, throw em the 15 bucks and get your sticker. Or be like me and simply say...someone stole the inspection stick off my bike officer. ;D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Muddturtle3 said:
Or just go to a private inspection place, throw em the 15 bucks and get your sticker. Or be like me and simply say...someone stole the inspection stick off my bike officer. ;D
Thats what I do, but for my bike I have to tip $20 ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
ouch...

I can not recall the site now, but there is a site that sells what you need. It is 3 super bright led for like $7 I used it and love it...

I am sure someone know the site I am talking about... It has a whole lot of cool LED options for CHEAP!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Not all States base their laws on the concept that the State must protect their ignorant citizens from themselves, regardless of the cost to the citizen in time and money. I've lived in several States that required regular inspections and a couple that don't. I never heard about any difference in the accident rate due to mechanical failure. I think it's important to let lawmakers know that you don't vote for people who waste your time and money, if that's what you think it is.

·
Registered
216 Posts
vehicle inspection bs, doubly so with a motorcycle. i refuse to get it. f 'em all

i even got pulled over last fall (for having my visor up at an intersection of all things) the cop just gave me a warning and didn't even look for my sticker

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ive never got around to getting an inspection sticker for my bike, and have never had a problem whatsoever. However, does anyone know if your insurance company could make this an issue if you ever need to make a claim?

·
Registered
7,347 Posts
You can pretty much bet that your insurance co will take issue with that... It's a way for them to save money on payouts.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i just grabbed the stock license plate bulb off of the fender and stuck it on there :-D hahahaha its ghetto but hey it works...after all that work...the inspection guy decides to take a day off!!! :mad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I work part time at a bike shop. It is a pain in the ass to give out stickers. It costs only $6 here in NY so the shop makes about a dollar off it. It takes at least 5 minutes and you need to stop what you are doing to do the inspection.
BUT
I think they are a good idea. You can not imagine the amount of people that come in with unmaintained bikes. Tires are bald, broken horn, lights out. The main thing is fork seals. People don't seem to realize how important they are. I see them leaking, oil running down the fork tube, onto the brake and the brake does not work because it has oil on it. Not to mention the suspesion will not work right.

People are ignorant and I think inspections, though a pain, are good. It forced me to get new tie rods for my car (I didnot even know they were bad) and it protects you the driver. People in genral do not take care of their vechicles and need a system to encourge that.

Shekshishekki What is wrong with a license plate light? The more visible you are the better right?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
haha, lol i know my bike wont pass inspection anytime soon. no lp, no lp lights, and few other things the trooper mentioned.

·
Registered
130 Posts
xyster101 said:
People are ignorant and I think inspections, though a pain, are good. It forced me to get new tie rods for my car (I didnot even know they were bad) and it protects you the driver. People in genral do not take care of their vechicles and need a system to encourge that.
I think most people don't have a problem with inspections for obvious safety concerns. But, like you said, the dealership only makes a dollar on the inspection. A lot of places, particularly with cars, will fail a vehicle in order to increase profit through labor and parts.
For example, Out of the last 5 cars I've had inspected, every single one has failed for windshield wipers. Even one where I had just put them on 2 days before the inspection. Most people will say "go ahead and make it pass" for a simple item like that so they won't have to reschedule and come back. Well, that $10 part with a minimum hour of labor just got the shop over $50 in profit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
that reminds me I need to get my bikes inspected

1 - 20 of 22 Posts