Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd gen sv650s has a faster acceleration time from 0-100mph than a lamborghini gallardo?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Down here in South Florida, it happens

·
Registered
862 Posts
I thought I knew what fast was till I got my SV. I love riding so much more then driving, my sv ruined cars for me forever. All well. I got rid of my 68 mustang for it that must tell ya something about me.

Car<BIKE

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2003 sv650s 9.01
2003 gallardo 9.42

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So how does the SV compare in 0 to 60 or 0 - 100 against bikes like the GSXR 1000 or R1? Are those bikes just faster from 60 to 100+?

Msurk
Gsxr600 0-100. 6.88secs
r1 0 - 100 mph: 5.9 seconds

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well ive been to the track with my bike and let me tell you, its facking hard. On every car ive taken to the track, mine or otherwise, I was able to get the same or better then magazine quotes. Then I went with my bike WOW its supposed to do a 11.9 I think and the best I got was a 12.7. Because I didnt know much about it and didnt properly research techniques I was a complete rookie but with a little practice and maybe playing with tire pressure and suspension settings I could do better but man, its hard.

So ya go ahead and race any car you want but once the tree lights up its not as easy a it sounds.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well ive been to the track with my bike and let me tell you, its facking hard. On every car ive taken to the track, mine or otherwise, I was able to get the same or better then magazine quotes. Then I went with my bike WOW its supposed to do a 11.9 I think and the best I got was a 12.7. Because I didnt know much about it and didnt properly research techniques I was a complete rookie but with a little practice and maybe playing with tire pressure and suspension settings I could do better but man, its hard.

So ya go ahead and race any car you want but once the tree lights up its not as easy a it sounds.
Indeed these are professional times.

So amateurs get amatuer times. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I kept up with a ferrari 430 to around 100mph. Then my lack of hp kicked in and he just pulled away. The look on that old mans face when he realized I was right beside him was priceless.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I smoked my friend in his souped up GTI a few times and suprised the crap outta him. He is really the only car I raced. But its the VR6 tuned and all kinds of stuff done to it. The only thing he has left to do is a turbo. I smoked him pretty bad though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts