Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was stupid this winter... I stored my bike and did not put fuel stabiliser. I plan on starting it soon. It's been siting for 3 and a half months. Is there anything you guys think I should do before I start it? (other than change oil).

·
SV Hadder
10,486 Posts
put the key in? :dontknow:

i didn't winterize mine and it started up just fine.

go ride!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Three and a half months is not bad. I let mine sit longer than that and had no problems. Just make sure you redline it a couple times once you get fresh gas, it will help clean everything off. It will also get that built up adrenaline pumping into your system again.:D

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Hey, I was stupid this winter... I stored my bike and did not put fuel stabiliser. I plan on starting it soon. It's been siting for 3 and a half months. Is there anything you guys think I should do before I start it? (other than change oil).
you might have some performance issues until that tank of gas is consumed

·
Registered
394 Posts
I was lazy and didn't winterize mine either. Started on the second try this morning. I run the tank as close to empty as I feel comfortable and its usually fine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did the same with my GS500F, and to be safe I tossed a bottle of water remover and a bottle of fuel injector cleaner into the tank. Took a few minutes the first time, but now it starts up right away.

·
Registered
155 Posts
All i've done the last two winters is clean the bike, and top off the gas tank. No issues what so ever. 3 1/2 months it will be fine.

·
Registered
304 Posts
you're totally screwed. call the refuse-removal technicians and let them know they'll have to pick up a motorcycle along with the week's trash.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Mine has been sitting for a year now, I am gonna start it up after drainging fuel and putting 93oct + fuel inj cleaner. Should be fine from what I understand

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Mine sat since October. Didn't winterize it and it started fine (first try) last night when I drove her home (3 mile drive from my parents house).

·
Registered
63 Posts
you will find no benefit running 93.
except for detonation resistance, which you need with high compression motors. I never ever put anything but 93 in my bikes.

·
Banned Member
4,562 Posts
except for detonation resistance, which you need with high compression motors. I never ever put anything but 93 in my bikes.
Temp of the a/f mixture causes pre-detonation. The a/f mixture of the SV650 stays low enough of a temp to use 87. The manual also says 87 and up is fine. Rule of thumb is to use the lowest.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
lol, I am aware of the non effect of 93 in the SV trust me. I do believe in the effects of how it cleans the system hella better then 87.

·
Registered
255 Posts
just put in straight sea-foam... should be fine ... might look bad at first...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts