Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I checked the rear cylinder since it was easier to access. All 4 valves were .001 over minimum spec which is well within spec. I didn't bother checking the front. I probably won't bother checking them for another 30k miles.

What has everyone here found when they did a valve check? Has anyone found them out of spec?

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
When i checked mine, i had 3 out of spec. Two on the front and one on the back.

I wouldnt skip out on checking the front. Its alot easier to check the front, than to fix it when stuff goes wrong. Alot cheaper, too.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were out of spec after your first 14k miles?

When i checked mine, i had 3 out of spec. Two on the front and one on the back.

I wouldnt skip out on checking the front. Its alot easier to check the front, than to fix it when stuff goes wrong. Alot cheaper, too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
My bike just hit 14500 in ur opinion is it a good time the check them.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
I checked mine a little late(like 19k) amd they were out of spec.

·
Premium Member
3,098 Posts
Matter of taking the tensioners and cams off, making aure you dont mix anything up, and make sure you dont drop the chain. Its actually ALOT easier than it all sounds.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you guys do it yourself with the service manual? I feel iffy doing it myself even though I've done lots of other stuff myself.

My Bike is also around 14k. XD

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did it myself with the manual. It was my first time doing it so it took half a day.

Did you guys do it yourself with the service manual? I feel iffy doing it myself even though I've done lots of other stuff myself.

My Bike is also around 14k. XD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts