Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had an alarm installed today...and either the technician is a complete idiot and has no idea how to install them or it really just takes that long...I had an THOR alarm system installed today for $170!!! It took them 3 hours to put it in...thats not even including the remote ignition and ignition cut off installations. On my last bike, i had an alarm installed for like $100 and both of these alarms are like $50....Anyone else here had an alarm installed on their bikes before? If so, how much???

·
Registered
171 Posts
I put a gorrilla alarm on my bike. It hooks directly to the battery and has one level sensor. It took me an hour at the most to install.

How fancy of a set-up is your alarm?

·
Registered
198 Posts
i was researching alarms earlier today, and the fancier ones do seem to take a while (3-4hrs for a non-wrenchie) to install. for a technician... id say he shouldve had it ALL done in 3hrs, max. labor rates for working on bikes are typically $60+ per hour, so the price doesnt seem too bad comparatively speaking.

of course, $170 for something you could do yourself always seems steep to me. itd take longer, but you might couldve managed by yourself.

(thats all my opinion, and im by no means an expert.)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would've tried to put it on my self....but i was afraid i'd mess up the wiring somehow :p I think eventually, I'll try and put in the remote ignition feature my self...we'll see...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts