Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked both at ebay pictures and install pictures on the forum and I can't decisively tell if the ebay shock I bought is twisted, or if they're supposed to be like that.

In both pictures I've tried to line the camera's shooting angle up with the top bolt's orientation. You can see that the bottom thru holes are aligned differently. Didn't want to get the bike apart and realize I had a problem, which is why I'm asking here.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
The shaft is free to rotate, only held in place by the spring tension, so as stated above, just twist it to align it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) thanks. lets close the thread before many more people know how stupid i am.

·
Registered
720 Posts
lol I saw that picture and the answer and I seriously thought to myself "I can definitely see myself thinking the exact same thing"

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
come on now. it's not /that/ noob of a question, is it? :p

I know a lot about engines, having had the top end of my GS apart on a number of occasions and being a mechanical engineer. Just haven't ever touched suspension - as is now more than obvious.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
No it's not that noob - I was just teasing. I think the time I got progressive shocks for my 84 shadow i had the same question. There was just no internet around for people to mock me on.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Wait. You're a mechanical engineer?

·
Vendor
966 Posts
I just won one as well. How much did you pay?

Of course, I found one that was in the wrong category. No bids, and with 3 hours to go the guy pulls the auction. I offered $30 for a different Buy it Now one ($20 shipping) and got it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts