Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing huge, I picked up a Givi windshield on ebay and it was sitting by my door last night when I arrived home. Decided to paint my radiator side covers and remove the left side passenger peg (I have to get some kind of bracket to support the exhaust before I can remove the right side peg though).

Anyway, here's a pic.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looks good. Now go install all of that hardwood flooring!

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. Now go install all of that hardwood flooring!
That actually came out of our living room/dining room after a water leak. I'm not sure what I want to do with it. The flooring in those rooms has been replaced already with a different hardwood.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
Very nice! I'd like to hear how well that windshield works too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Nice windscreen! I think I have the same one (pic below if anyone wants to prove me right/wrong) - I think the wind deflection is pretty good. I'm about 5'9" and it keeps the wind off my chest pretty well, but it still hits my head/neck area.

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have that same one. It's good enough to do a nice tuck on highways to avoid the wind.
Agreed. It does get a lot of wind off my chest, your head is still out in the airflow but that doesn't bother me.

I like it a lot more than I thought I would and it looks pretty good too IMO.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Nice update. Looks good on the nekkid.

Now get to work polishing that golden header pipe. ;)

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I have the same one, too.

But I only have mine on there in the winter. It takes alot of the wind off the chest......and suprisingly, it seems to deflect some from my hands too.

However, it's warm out again, so I took it off. :)

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice update. Looks good on the nekkid.

Now get to work polishing that golden header pipe. ;)
Screw that. I need to plan some rides soon. ;D

I do like to keep my bike clean though. Hey, I'm coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the day I bought it and I have over 5,400 miles on it so it's not like it's a garage queen. :nana:

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
Hey, I'm coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the day I bought it and I have over 5,400 miles on it so it's not like it's a garage queen. :nana:
It helps that you live in a place where you can ride year round, comfortably. :D

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It helps that you live in a place where you can ride year round, comfortably. :D
Believe me, I've been riding a lot less during the winter months.

It still gets down into the mid 40s at night here, sometimes into the mid to low 30s in January/February overnight. Makes for a bloody cold commute. :nana:

·
Registered
4,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Couple more pics:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Very Nice - I've been wanting to ditch the passenger pegs too but have been waiting on a bracket tip. Will be sure and check out endurance and see what they have. I say go for some new signals - those factory ones look pretty unsightly on that sweet ride.

·
Premium Member
1,779 Posts
I'm thinking future SVOTM here! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts