1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
511 Posts
Could be a really good deal..or total junk.

Rolling the ghetto subscribe to find out :p

Sent from my iEverything.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Can't vouch for those but I have a set of cheapo saddlebags, so far they've done 8000kms of touring plus numerous abusive trips to the supermarket (I can fit 6.25l water bottles in them) and they're holding fine. On the flipside I bought a cheapo tank bag that was a total POS. Fettled it though - and that came with me on my last big trip.

I'd say worth a punt.

Edit: These are what I bought, just for ref.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I also don't have experience with these specific ones, but I have gotten burned on ebay bargain brand tail bags. First time I used the ones I got, the zipper just blew apart, and I didn't even over stuff them. But now I know, next time I buy bags, I am going to get motocentric, or some other name brand.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I pulled the trigger:

... and let me tell you, I don't see much difference in quality between my $200 Motocentric set and these $50 Chinese cheapos. These are actually slighly larger bags... I like them!

(they're all wrinkled because of the way they stuffed them into the shipping box.)

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've been finding the "Chinese" nock-offs of the brand names are generally VERY close to the same thing...

I think this is because the brands use the same freakin factories :)

Also Chinese have MUCH better quality control now with many things... I mean... tell me you aren't using something that was made in china just to post on these forums in some way or another (TV/Montior, keyboard, mouse, router, modem...)

Just sayin :) Gotta look out for your $ for what its worth..

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd have to do something about the wanna-be Harley slogan, but other than that they look pretty cool.

Do they have rain covers?
They do.

And that "LIVE TO RIDE" thing doesn't look as ugly as I thought it would... plus it's reflectant :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well, I pulled the trigger:

... and let me tell you, I don't see much difference in quality between my $200 Motocentric set and these $50 Chinese cheapos. These are actually slighly larger bags... I like them!

(they're all wrinkled because of the way they stuffed them into the shipping box.)
have you had the chance to test them out yet?

how do they hold up?

how much can you put in them?

·
Registered
394 Posts
any updates on durability,

and how they fit on the SV.

any pics would be helpful, but a writeup will do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
BUMP

I'm itching to pull the trigger on these. Any pics with them loaded on the bike? How have they worked out for you?

·
Registered
394 Posts
any reviews yet?

PLEASE

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Ordered them and got them. No instructions though.

Yes I need instructions. Last thing any of us need is to have this blow off or flap in the wind while we're on the highway. There are some straps and panels that were included that were not in the bags themselves. Not sure what they are used for. Anyone that has installed them, please be so gracious as to post up. I would like to make sure these are installed nice and sturdy just as anyone else that purchased these.

If these are a knock off of a name brand, please let us know. We can get instructions that way.

Edit:

http://www.motocentric.com/media/pdf/Street_Bike_Saddlebags.pdf

Was looking through this and it may work. Except for attaching to the rear of the bike. I got rid of the rear fender so don't know what I can attach it to. Next time I have time, I'll install the bags.

·
MOTORADOR
10,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
LOL on your PM, off roader on the street.

I got the bags and I was impressed with their overall quality. They are slightly bigger than my Motocentric set and they seem sturdy and well made.

BUT...

It seems like the bags had been on storage for centuries. The "hard parts" —those panels than Enrico is talking about— came in shattered. They are made of a plastic that became so brittle that it just broke... again, I think it's because they were so old. I am not worried though, as those panels served only to give the bags a bit of "body" when they're empty and they were not super necessary to begin with.

Enrico, the long panels go inside, at the bottom of the side bags and the small panels go as inside walls to the tail bag..

As far as installation instructions I just installed my bags following the instructions on my Motocentric ones (the ones Enrico linked) and I was ready to go.

BTY, I did not install them on my SV but on my wife's Ninja and, overall, I am really happy with the product.

I tied the front straps to the passenger peg frames. The rear straps are tied together behind the fender eliminator.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts