Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Gahdz. I haven't checked newenough.com for a couple months. I need boots, and these good. Hopefully someone will post their experiences with them.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
For 20$ more you can pick up some Gaerne shockwave boots from newenough that are on closeout. Much better boot IMO, but thats only if you're looking for the armor/race kind of boot, not a true street boot like the diadora.

·
Registered
121 Posts
gahdzila said:
Just got the newenough.com specials email, this looks like a great deal on some street boots...anyone have any experience with them?

http://www.newenough.com/diadora_hurricane_boots_page.htm
wow it is a great price for a great boot. I had great experience with Harricanes and Diadoras in general. In last year I've commuted on them (~25K) in all kind of weather from low 20s to upper 90s and they've been fine, rain or shine. Some pretty heavy rain about 3hr in low 50s and they stayed dry. Diadora is italian but unlike most italian shoe makers they make wider shoe to fit fider foot and they fit me perfect.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
boardsNbikes said:
You can trust them.  They're quick and offer great service (no games with returns).  I'd say newenough.com is a favorite store with the sport-touring crowd.

boardsNbikes
no, silly  :D  I've had plenty of experience with newenough

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these boots  ;)

I'll edit my post to clarify...I guess it could be read either way.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, ordered a pair this morning, so they should ship first thing tomorrow morning. I already got my newenough exclusive "real live email from a real live person" order confirmation. I'll put a full review in the Product Reviews forum later this week (I should probably recieve them Wednesday or Thursday).

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, I get super fast shipping from newenough!!!

I got them in yesterday. Yes, that's right...ordered Monday morning, received Wednesday. Very impressive!

Overall, a nice set of boots. They feel well made. And I think they would be comfortable. Unfortunately, they did not fit me at ALL.

My feet are quite wide, but I fit in size 10 1/2 or sometimes 11 tennis shoes/running shoes just fine. I have a pair of workboots that are 10 1/2. Newenough's website claimed the width of these boots as a D...so I figured 11 would fit me just fine. No way. D width is, I think, a bit of an exaggeration. They seemed REALLY narrow to me. Even just looking at them, they look long and skinny. I could only BARELY squeeze my feet into them. Heel to toe length was fine (maybe a wee bit long), so I'm thinking the next size up will be too long and maybe even still not wide enough for me. So...no boots for me :'(

I do think this would make a good boot for someone with narrow feet, and they are at a great price.

Anyone have any suggestions on boots (preferably not "Power Ranger" style) that run wide, or are sized with wide widths?

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I picked up some of those Gaerne boots, and I gots me a skinny foot and they fit well. Dont know if they would work for ultra wide feet. Not as skinny as Sidi's though.

·
Registered
597 Posts
gahdzila said:
Anyone have any suggestions on boots (preferably not "Power Ranger" style) that run wide, or are sized with wide widths?
I've got wide feet and high arches, and finally tried on the Prexport boots here http://www.motoemporium.com/prexport/prexport_boots.html after not fitting into Oxtars or Tourmasters. The 539wp look and fit great, are waterproof leather, and have some armor protection, but they're not cheap.

·
Registered
121 Posts
perhaps need bigger size? BTW they will stretch: my 42s started as very tight feet on size 8 foot and now after 2 winters they're loose (but I always get Diadora shoes in size 42 so I was prepared). If it is just a little bit small oiling, extra socks and walking around should take care of that if way too small up it up good luck

·
Registered
597 Posts
Another good thing about the Prexports, they lace up inside before the velcro is closed. Not as convenient as the zippers most other boots have, but gives a better fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts