Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you fill me in on your bagster tank cover?

Straps?

Pockets?

Water proof?

Any problems with the inside of the cover or the tank with water condensation from sweating?

I'm following the link from your other post. Any other opinions/information you can provide that isn't on the website?

·
Registered
26 Posts
sure, can do.....it's a nifty cover that I first saw on the sv1000.zyns site....

1.  it straps on the front and back of the tank, it also has mounts that hold the sides on snug (2 on each side)....

2. no pockets...

3. I don't know if it's waterproof, and out here in AZ I haven't had a chance to find out...

4.  I haven't noticed any problems with the inside of the cover, it's nice an fuzzy in there, the tank seemed fine last time I checked....

I bought it because in the summer the tank on my SV gets so hot that it burns the inside of my legs when riding.  It acts as a good insulator against the heat and cold of the metal tank.  It is also designed to allow easy mounting of the bagster line of tank bags. 

·
Super Moderator
8,820 Posts
Someone was looking for something like this not too long ago to hide a banged up tank.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently said:
Someone was looking for something like this not too long ago to hide a banged up tank.

That's part of my reason. No dings, just scratches (4+ years of magnet tank bag) exposing 3 different colors of paint... :-[

Dude, if I could mod a cell phone and wallet pockets, maybe a map holder onto that bad boy I'd be all over it. The 3/4 tank bra I used to have had the fuzzy inside, too, so that answers the sweating question. Damn that looks sharp...

Thanks for the info!! 8)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nudist said:
Isnt that too bling for you 6?

Yeah, but I desperately want a low profile tank bag/cover that I can put just my wallet, cell, and maybe a map onto; the cover would also serve the function of the 3/4 tank bra that I used to have in keeping the legs insulated from the tank as mentioned. Plus, a little extra grip on the tank with the outside leg is nice when you're a leanin'... ;)

There is no way on God's green acre I will find a color match for my uh, 'custom' paint job so it looks like I'll be contrasting rather than matching, so hopefully the bling factor will be lower... ;D

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
Yeah, but I desperately want a low profile tank bag/cover that I can put just my wallet, cell, and maybe a map onto; the cover would also serve the function of the 3/4 tank bra that I used to have in keeping the legs insulated from the tank as mentioned.  Plus, a little extra grip on the tank with the outside leg is nice when you're a leanin'...  ;)

There is no way on God's green acre I will find a color match for my uh, 'custom' paint job so it looks like I'll be contrasting rather than matching, so hopefully the bling factor will be lower... ;D
I must see pictures of your bike.... Ok, enough hijacking.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nudist said:
I must see pictures of your bike.... Ok, enough hijacking.

I'm working on the digicam. I hold money like a pms'er holds water. Now it looks like I'm out another $200+ for another battery + regulator/recitifier... :mad:

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
I'm working on the digicam.  I hold money like a pms'er holds water.  Now it looks like I'm out another $200+ for another battery + regulator/recitifier... :mad:
You can use a GSXR regulator/rectifier if you can find one cheaper.... PM on of the first gen heads like Ducowner or TWF for details.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nudist said:
You can use a GSXR regulator/rectifier if you can find one cheaper.... PM on of the first gen heads like Ducowner or TWF for details.

That I did not know. Good information to have, gracias... 8)

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
That I did not know.  Good information to have, gracias... 8)
Dont 100% quote me on it.... But I am damn sure I read that someone was doing that on here... may be worth a post in the Gen 1 section.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wouldn't surprise me; lots of SV stuff is shared with SRAD GSXR's and same era Kanotunas...

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DucOwner said:
some GSXR regulators work fine.

Model/year specific? Will factory part numbers match up so I could just scan through say Ron Ayers and see if part numbers match?

·
Registered
606 Posts
No but we usually have a 1/2 dozen good R/R's at the shop. Call Kelly (402) 408-4400 and he can get you set up with one for about 1/2 of Ron Ayers prices. He could probably still ship it today.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, DucOwner, I'll follow up on your suggestion. I am telepathically transmitting mucho karma.... 8)

·
Registered
76 Posts
eBay: clean 02 gsxr 1000 rectifier for .99 cents  ;D

Pentium II cooling fan: .00 cents.

Seeing 14.4 vdc? Priceless!

Just make sure it's a 4-wire, and match up the positive/negative leads.  Black leads match to Yellow, any order.
Initial IR temp reading was ~112 degrees F and about 92 degrees F after I added the CPU cooling fan.

..and yes those are chickenstrips, but they came with the used spare rear wheel  :p

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Six Chin Skinny said:
Can you fill me in on your bagster tank cover?
I wasn´t asked and I own a 1st gen, but I still think I can give some more input.

Only the ones you put on. :) A simple mapholder is available, I have a two-stacked bag that I use alternatively (the small one for short trips or just holding the map, the bigger for longer trips).

Water proof?
I´ve only owned it for about a year, but my current experience says "yes". My bike usually parks in the open and has seen plenty of rain.

Any problems with the inside of the cover or the tank with water condensation from sweating?
None that I´m aware of.

I'm following the link from your other post. Any other opinions/information you can provide that isn't on the website?
The red I have on my machine doesn´t completely match the factory paint, but it doesn´t look bad. I have black bags I got used that look ok on the red bagster.
The attached bag is positioned nearer to me than I usually put my old magnet bag on the tank. Made it difficult to read the lower parts of the map first but I seem to have gotten used to it.

Ciao
Jan

·
Registered
629 Posts
dgmastrin said:
...I bought it because in the summer the tank on my SV gets so hot that it burns the inside of my legs when riding.  ... 
Are you one of those squids riding in shorts and flip flops?? LOL!! I went out to AZ last year and saw everything pretty much from Tuscon (including some illegal immagrants that had came from Mexico...gave them water :D) to the Grand Canyon. I will say that Tuscon to Scottsdale is freaking HOT!! It was 115 in the shade in Scottsdale when we were there and 117 out of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.