Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just bought the Devilbikes SB2 Exhaust High Mount System with Header for my 2001 SV650S  :)

I was able to take off the old exhaust completely except for that little header pipe that is located in top middle of the bike.  Any idea on how to take that part off?  My hand barely reaches in there.  Do I need to remove the seat or something?

thanx

Ray

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Are you talking about the flange that bolts ot the rear head? you shouldn't need to remove it.

The stock exhaust is 2 other pieces... the front pipe that goes from the front cylinder to the rest of it and the rear header, plumbing and muffler.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah it's the rear head.

Well I spoke to Pete at Devil Bikes and he says I need a rachet that is 12 inches long, and small enought to slip through the suspension with an allen key ending to take off the allen key bolts. Man this is really difficult, there must be someone else on the boards who did this? ???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok they are two 12mm bolts that are hold the flange w/ small pipe. I was able to take 1 bolt off, the left bolt is so freaken hard to take off cuz the rear suspension gets in the way!! :-\ Man I think I stripped the bolt and am having an even harder time getting it off. Anybody have any hints? I'm like using 3 attachment sockets (almost 8in) long to reach the bolt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts