Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a roll of reflective tape to put a few peices on my bike/helmet. I was wondering if anyone had any neat ideas or designs.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Ben_JamminVFCC said:
UMmm....it's about safety...not looking cool.

Some people are so freakin' shallow.

:lol:
What could possibly be better than a cool looking safety feature???

Shallow? I'll be sure to remind you of that next time you need me to help you fix your POS... coincidentally that's in about an hour :p :twisted:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks nice treoff! i'm working on bar end mirros right now. the fender eliminator is on my agenda, but i'd like to get it inspected before i start that. also, it's new from out of state and need to do title work and registration yet.

so far, i traced the suzuki "S" and put one on either side of the swingarm and one on either side of my helmet. that might be enough, unless i come up with another idea that doesn't look cheesy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My uncle cut red reflective tape into flames and put them on his helmet. It really glows at night... looks wicked

·
Registered
597 Posts
Reflective tape

I got so many ideas but I kept it simple to avoid the cheesy factor. You really can't go wrong with a mod that is practical, looks cool, cost $5, and you can have fun making yourself. :D

·
Registered
499 Posts
treoff said:
You do that yourself!? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Is that under the clearcoat?
Did it myself, but it's not under the clearcoat. Just some 3m reflective tape cut using an x-acto and a template I made on the computer (which I think I still have if anybody wants it..)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
that would look cool with the black reflective tape: http://www.streetglo.net/

i made a design on my black hjc. you can barely see the stuff in the day time but as soon as light hits it, it lights up like a mofo!.

ordering more to do the same to my new helmet

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
funkdaddy, can you send them to me? i would really like the SV one. my suzuki symbols are just like that but a little smaller. thanks.

[email protected]

·
Registered
408 Posts
I spent $1.74 at Wally's to pick up a roll of this stuff, and I did both my helmet and my bike with it.  My criteria were that it should be visible from the back or sides, and during the day it shouldn't look like total crap.  So I tried to hide it in the frame of the bike, and blend it into the helmet.

Can you find the reflective tape in this daylight shot?

Here's the same pic with flash, to show where I hid it.

And no, I don't ride in bike shorts.  But I was wearing them when I was stickering my bike.

I also did my helmet.  Unstickered helmet:

Stickered helmet:

Stickered helmet with flash:

Back view with flash:

Not terribly artistic, but effective.  +1 for a cheap safety mod.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
not artistic my ass ;D, grt looking and grt safety feature. The helmet stickers look like theyd come standard on the helmet and on the sv, coudlnt even see them. Me thinks I've found my next lil add on on my bike. To those who have this though what is the wear and tear on these, I tend to ride through heat and rain and was wondering if I'd need back up pieces eventually to replace any worn down or torn pieces.

·
Registered
345 Posts
On my road bike, I have 4 strips on my rims, at 12, 3,6, and 9 o clock. It looks pretty wild at night and makes you tons more visible, although it wouldn't make much sense on a motorcycle because its more for crossing the street kind of deals.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here's my home brew so far, been told it lights up well with headlights or even my brake lights and turn signals. Still gonna do more on the helmet and prolly some on the bike too.

No flash

Flash

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I keep trying to convince myself to get into the reflective tape stuff, but I can't help thinking that at some point in my life, I'm going to not want to be seen, and the tape with betray me.

Not saying I'm going to run from the cops or anything, but if they nab me speeding from 10 blocks away, it'll be that much easier to single me out as a bike and come and get me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
sypek said:
hah that is sick! what did you use for that? its nice and invisible on the black helmet without a flash...badass
I just went t a local plastic shop and bought 3 yards of black reflective vinyl that is about 14" wide made the design and cut it out with an exacto knife. Got a few other things I'm going to draw up and cut out as well.

What I want to know is where everyone gets their rim stripes reflective or not I want to put some either blue or white ones onmy blue '06

1 - 20 of 20 Posts