Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at putting a new exhaust on and looking at a bunch of different brands.

I noticed the Delkevic, because it affordable.

I so far I have not found an 03 specific. On their site it list the pipe fits 03-06.

Isn't this impossible since the 03 it unique having the raised tail section????? Don't you need to buy and 03 specific exhaust to fit and 03??????

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I am asking. I don't have the space or the tools to fabricate a bracket. That's why I made the post. I am looking for someone who has experience installing this exhaust on an 03 to find out what is exactly involved.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
They say that hey were able to design the midpipe so that the exhaust will fit on all year SV650s. I do know that the muffler hanger clamp is a tad tall for my '07.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I don't know if it will fit or not...I got an 03 too and my previous muffler which was an OEM didn't fit correctly because it wasn't an 03 year...

I went to home depot to the electric section and got a aluminum plate that is used for wall light switches, very thin(like 1 dollar for it). Since I don't have any tools I just took it to some place to drill 2 holes on it and cut it around to make it smaller (charged me like 10 bucks). I don't have an after picture. I do have a pic of the bracket i used...if you want to see it let me know and i'll take a pic of it and posted.

·
Registered
189 Posts
@LithiumSky: Thanks for the picture. It shows that the mount wouldn't be able to reach the exhaust hangar. That is such a small problem.

Like you said, head over to your local hardware store and pick up some brackets. You will likely find something better in shelving that could work. Or if you are really desperate, some nice thick zipties will do the job just fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i just installed a Delkevic stubby exhaust on both my 2005 and my friends 1999 SV650 it fit correctly on each bike. So i think you are fine. We both purchased them on Ebay from mcparts4u. He is good at responding to questions if you email or call him.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
i just installed a Delkevic stubby exhaust on both my 2005 and my friends 1999 SV650 it fit correctly on each bike. So i think you are fine. We both purchased them on Ebay from mcparts4u. He is good at responding to questions if you email or call him.
What happens is the '03 model is different than all the other ones...I believe the frame is higher....just look at the pic above....You have to have an '03 OEM exhaust to fit the '03 model otherwise it will be off...

So by buying the delkevic he might have to get a bracket too because chances are it will no fit corretly

·
Registered
655 Posts
the delkevic has been fitted to several '03's without any problems.....the same exhaust works fine on 1 gen and 2 gen including '03

·
Registered
12 Posts
i believe you just need to rotate the mid connect pipe until you get it in the correct location and you will be fine. thats what we did with the two bikes. no problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts