Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Series 2 had a tired and dented Yoshi RS 3 can that was really ugly so I took a flyer and ordered this Delkevic unit from Amazon for around $170.

It's considerably shorter than the RS 3 and is a much cleaner look to my eye. The welding is absolutely gorgeous as is the polished stainless. Sound is deep and throaty with the baffle in place. I think it's a good value.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,775 Posts
I've had one on mine (slightly longer - older "short" model) since about 2007, and it's been great.

The stainless models tend to hold up better than the carbon cans.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Would you consider it louder or quieter than your Yoshi? Did the Yoshi have a baffle?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say the Delkevic with it's baffle inserted is marginally quieter then the tired Yoshimura minus it's baffle.
The Delkevic is much shorter and a little slimmer than the RS 3 so with less internal volume I guess it's less efficient in silencing. Overall, the "voice" is very similar between the two.
I'll be sending the Yoshi if for a refurbishing and new baffle so I'm curious as to what it's like in new condition.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Good to know. I had considered Delkevic on one of my old CBRs. I think I will get a baffle and new packing for the Yoshi as it's still in good shape. It's not unbearably loud but I prefer a quiet bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The trick, as I see it, is to have a good, full V twin sound but at a more modest volume. I prefer a quieter exhaust but not as insipid at the stock muffler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts