Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

Decided to change it up

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  XJ99 
#1 ·
So I decided to ditch the handle bar and go clip-ons with the help of some threads on this forum. I feel more at home in a sport bike position and prefer the "monkey humping a football" (as a fellow SV rider once told me) ergos. Firstly just wanted to thank the forum for making this easier for me, and in the spirit of giving back to the forum feel free to ask me any questions on what I did to my 2023 model if you have any. The pictures don't really have any context but Its what I got while I was doing it. It was quite a bit of work but I've been working on bikes for awhile and Everything was pretty straight forward. If its your first time working on a bike I would get a friend with some experience to help. Have a great day fellow riders and keep the rubber side down.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tire

Motorcycle Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Blue Vehicle Photograph Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motorcycle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

See less See more
#2 ·
The ergos look quite good considering how low those clipons are. It appears they have zero rise. I'm willing to bet you could do a swap with someone here on the forum for that upper triple; most folks are wanting to install bars on their SV650x. You could probably make a little change on that deal and clean up the cockpit at the same time.

#10 ·
What frame do you have -- is it a Suzuki frame?
I have a Gen 1 which I love but the frame on your bike looks like a custom and is drop-dead beautiful.
Please, do tell.

Recent riding discovery:
The fairing deflects wind off my lower legs -- I had a one hour ride at hiway speeds in 45 degree weather and the only part of me that got cold was my hands.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

#11 ·
What frame do you have -- is it a Suzuki frame?
I have a Gen 1 which I love but the frame on your bike looks like a custom and is drop-dead beautiful.
Please, do tell.
Custom frame? :unsure:
It looks like a normal SV gen.3 frame, steel trellis frame.
Mine is the same.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

#17 ·
Update , my clutch cable was starting to get damaged. I can confirm that at least on the 21' to 23' model you will need a longer clutch cable and re route it the long way around to ease the bend on it. I went with a venhill universal kit about 30$ on Amazon. Had the end soldered on by my local custom motorcycle shop. I did order an OEM unit but it's a few days out still. Anyhow my bike is back on the road and feels great.