Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of race bikes with decals...However I don't race and I don't want to look like a squid, but I mocked up some stickers on just my chin fairing anyway (I think to many stickers look cheesy and if they are put on randomly they also look bad) Here is my attempt:

These are also all brands that I use or wear.

What do you think?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Cant stand decals. I take as many off as I can, even the factory stickers. Why would I want to cover up the expensive paint with a two dollar sticker. I don't understand the trend in performance cars and bikes with the decals, some larger than a panel.

It is all personal opinion, but for me........you couldn't pay me to put your advertisements on my bike. It is still hard for me to believe after all these years that car companies charge more for a sticker pin stripe when I will remove it anyway. I hate them.....i think i made myself clear. sorry for the rant,

·
Registered
225 Posts
with yellow paint...I say go for it. I think stickers/decals look better on bright colored bike than on more neutral colors like white, black, silver, ect.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I would say NO. You are not racing your bike so there is no need to promote your mods that you have on it. Plus it is an advertisement to a thief. Do like the other post said and just put them on your toolbox.

BUT

It is your bike and "To each his own", so go with what you like.

·
Registered
225 Posts
kinda looks like everything I owned when I was a teenager....
I was the same way then. I'm not going to discourage someone from doing it if they honestly just like the look, whethers its cars, bikes, w/e. That being said, if you're only so-so on the look of it, don't do it. Think about it: If you're trying to express your interest in motorcycles, people who don't know squat will only need to notice the fact that your riding one to figure out that they're an interest. d-bags put stickers on bikes to try and impress people with their mods and stuff. But the people that are actually worth impressing will already be able to tell what kind of aftermarket parts you have on without looking at decals.

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
could not of said it better......NO STICKERS..........
Cant stand decals. I take as many off as I can, even the factory stickers. Why would I want to cover up the expensive paint with a two dollar sticker. I don't understand the trend in performance cars and bikes with the decals, some larger than a panel.

It is all personal opinion, but for me........you couldn't pay me to put your advertisements on my bike. It is still hard for me to believe after all these years that car companies charge more for a sticker pin stripe when I will remove it anyway. I hate them.....i think i made myself clear. sorry for the rant,

·
Registered
74 Posts
Buuuut guys... Decals add more HORSEPOWAH!

Same rule with Flames, The more flames the faster the vehicle.

And hey, We all now the color yellow slows a vehicle down? Amiright? Gotta balance it out

Jokes aside, Ill vote no on the decals as everyone else said. Not my cup'o tea

·
site supporter
6,095 Posts
Are you getting paid by these companies to ride?
No?
Then I vote no stickers.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Bleck. Stickers go on the tool box, not the bike.

Bike with stickers is usually carrying a tool; guess it all makes sense in the big scheme of things.

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
If you're gonna go and sticker it all up, then you gotta go with cool stickers like the STP red oval..or maybe a big Hurst decal. Now THOSE are cool.

·
Registered
285 Posts
My boss (40 yr old) rides a Honda F4i (600?) and he put a bunch of stickers on it after he bought it. Then he took the stickers off. Now he's putting different ones back on it. He's putting a Corona sticker on it "because it's my favorite beer!" *rolls eyes* He is the definition of a tool!!!

Also, he told me he had no confidence in my riding even though I've never ridden with him, just because I used to ride my dad's Harley and now I have an SV. I have more time and miles on the road than him, and he's a total squid!

How tool-bag-ish is that?!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Rock the stickers if you like them. It's not like they can't be removed.

If you want a little more cohesive look, you could get a sign shop to remake the stickers for you all in the same color. That gives it more of a factory racer look, in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
Nay unless you are racing...

1 - 20 of 57 Posts