Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its FINALLY done!! :D

Took me a month just to decide on the two colors for this design. When I bought the yellow I was a little unsure if I would like it. In a way the yellow is totally hot but part of me thought it might be a little over the top(subjective). In an effort to break up the overwhelming yellow a little and also tie in my red riding gear I decided on the main graphic body to be a dark metallic red(its actually called Autumn Maple) and the shadow to be black. After applying the graphics and rolling it into the sun I have to say it does exactly what I wanted. BTW, these decals were from www.tapeworks.com and they were $100 delivered to my door.

Craig
'05 SV650S

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks like someone got in trouble with the picture host eh. Cannot see them.:(

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yellow needs all the help it can get.;)

I like the way you have broken up the yellow. Good job

·
Registered
146 Posts
I am interested in tapeworks too, but I was wondering about the durability of them. What do you think; will they hold up to years of sport-touring in the rain, sun, and all the muck??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RoostMonkey said:
I am interested in tapeworks too, but I was wondering about the durability of them. What do you think; will they hold up to years of sport-touring in the rain, sun, and all the muck??
Roost,

Ron from Tapeoworks claims they are OEM grade vinyl. 5 to 7 year guarantee.....I havent heard anything negative about tapeworks to date so I decided to try. The kits they send are first rate. Come with great instructions and practice pieces.

Craig
'05 SV650S

·
Premium Member
9,691 Posts
They should last a long time. The vinyl I put on my car's windows last 2-3 years but that gets wet and stays out in the sun all the time which really kills the vinyls by drying it out. On a bike parked inside most of the time you shouldn't have any problems till you drop it. ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Need some help guys.....Can some one with some good photo skills grab my first pic(within this thread) and shrink it without loosing quality small enough to be a good pic for my forum pic?

Craig
'05 SV650S

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks different than everyone elses. I think you acheived what you were after in that. That said, I like it. Kudo's!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very nice. It's different and that's what I like.

Here's your pic. Is this OK?

Neil

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Very subtle/clean yet it stands it apart from the straight up yellow's. I like!

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I don't really like it. Well, I wouldn't do that to my bike even if it was yellow. It could be the colors or it could also be the design.
This is just one man's opinion; I hope it doesn't matter much to you.
However, good job putting them on there.

Josh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts