Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a Jardine RT-1, but they are not making them at the moment. So i'm probably gonna end up with a Yosh R3-S for my 2003 SV650s. It would have been nice to get one of those FMF full systems. Muzzy is ok, and D&D I guess are, but not really a fan of the looks. Also debating on a Delkevic Stubby too. I'm looking for something with good looks and I don't care if its loud, but sure don't want it to be quiet. A little performance would be nice, but mostly a little better sounding over stock. I want a good sounding system, not a straight pipe"ish" sound. Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Vance and hines make a cool looking pipe, otherwise in my opinion, all of the aftermarket pipes you get (besides two bros) look almost the exact same, and sound, almost, the exact same. This is why I have chosen to go the custom route after only a year with my Carbon yoshi TRS, it feels like everyone has it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I understand you. I have my CBR which is my bike to be different. The SV is just for better MPG and comfort. Would you happen to know if the Yoshi RS-3 comes with a mid-pipe that bolts to the header, and then to the canister? I read something on Dennis kirk that you have to cut the existing OEM mid-pipe to install the slip on.? I'm not a big fan of that.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
RS3 requires cutting of the OEM mid pipe.

I loved my RS3 before destroying it at the track. IMO, one of the best sounding pipes for the SV.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Just follow the instructions, it should tell you where to cut. The stock system is welded all the way to the exhaust, that is why you have to cut it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I can do it, I was just under the assumption you got a mid pipe with the R3-S. I'm prob gonna get that if I cannot get a FMF full system. Looks like I might be out of luck on that. I'm still sore about not being able to get a Jardine system, oh well.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yeah I can do it, I was just under the assumption you got a mid pipe with the R3-S. I'm prob gonna get that if I cannot get a FMF full system. Looks like I might be out of luck on that. I'm still sore about not being able to get a Jardine system, oh well.
I remember someone selling the full FMF system unopened in the for sale section. Do a quick search and see. I saw it last week I think.

Here ya go, don't know if he still has it:

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161431&highlight=fmf

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I remember someone selling the full FMF system unopened in the for sale section. Do a quick search and see. I saw it last week I think.

Here ya go, don't know if he still has it:

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthr...&highlight=fmf

Yeah I already talked to him, I just don't think the bronze is gonna look right with my silver bike. Otherwise I'd be on it. I'm thinking a Delkevic, or the RS-3 Yoshi, I like the looks of the Yoshi a bit more. Plus the Delkevic is loud, I have a Jardine system on my CBR with no baffles. The SV is gonna be my relaxing bike to ride.. :)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
My exhaust is pretty much bronze/brown. I think it looks alright :) Here's something to give you an idea of how silver & bronze looks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'll post this so you can see the difference. When I bought my SV it had a Yoshimura on there. Sounds *****in, and I enjoyed it but thought Id like something shorter and louder as the Yoshimura can was a tad large to me. So I went and got a Delkevic 9-inch stubby as the local shop where I bought my SV is the USA distrubutor of the Delkeviks and have all them in stock. Got the Delkevic for a killer price at the time. Here is the pics to show length and difference so you can see if you'd prefer a yoshimura or a Delkevic (short version) Tho Delkevic has longer ones that also sound good and come with baffles while I wanted the obnoxiously loud one without the baffle:

hope this helps you out man, since you said you were looking at Yoshimura and also Delkevic stubby as I went from Yosh to Delkevic. The yoshimura is not bad sounding at all, its still gorgeous sounding (I still have the pipe and mid chilling in my closet incase I ever decide to swap it back). The delkevic is pretty freakin loud in the 9 inch stubby version with no baffle. First time I rode with it my ears hurt but it's not that bad now I think it calmed down a bit. I also have my snorkle out and this makes the engine roar pretty good as well. Take your pick man, I honestly cant say which I liked better. It was a 10 minute swap back off so I might even throw my Yosh back one just to hear it again for comparison

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll post this so you can see the difference. When I bought my SV it had a Yoshimura on there. Sounds *****in, and I enjoyed it but thought Id like something shorter and louder as the Yoshimura can was a tad large to me. So I went and got a Delkevic 9-inch stubby as the local shop where I bought my SV is the USA distrubutor of the Delkeviks and have all them in stock. Got the Delkevic for a killer price at the time. Here is the pics to show length and difference so you can see if you'd prefer a yoshimura or a Delkevic (short version) Tho Delkevic has longer ones that also sound good and come with baffles while I wanted the obnoxiously loud one without the baffle:
I don't mind the looks of the Yosh being bigger, but I like that the Delkevics smaller. And its cheaper, I guess if I didn't like the Delkevic I could always sell it and buy a Yosh. its about half the money.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i have the yoshi, like how it sounds but hate how long it is. i'd perfer the length of the stubby del but i dont think i'd like something that loud.

the yoshi sometimes is a little to quite when i'm next to my friend's bikes. but then again i'm usually not redlining the ***** out.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I might go Yosh, I have a Jardine RT-1 Dual outlet on my CBR1000 with no baffles and its loud..I'll keep this one quieter..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I called Jardine yesterday and they said they had nothing. But two or three days ago emailed speedaddictcycles.com and I got an email from him today that my RT-1 Aluminum pipe with mid-pipe was on the way to them! I just paid for it and should be here sometime early next week! I'm excited. That's awesome, it made my day...

·
Registered
443 Posts
I will probably end up selling my used yoshimura and the midpipe eventually since I put the Delkevic on and the yoshimura is just sitting there. I'll probably go in thr $220 shipped range since its a huge piece and kind of heavy. The yoshimura sounds awesome don't get me wrong. But yes if you hear the stubby Delkevic this one is definately loud. I prefer earplugs with this one but now I am used to it honestly. It used to drone on the freeway but now it seems to have broken in that or I'm just used to it. Either way both exhausts are awesome and make the vtwin sound awesome. I get stares all the time and if thats what you want then either of them will get that for you. No stares by cops tho, they seem pretty cool out here in Colorado where everyone seems to own a bike even the cops do so they seem to be fine with the sound of a loud bike.

Ive heard some R1 bikes with motogp style exhausts that sound like its a nascar V8 from 1/4 mile away even and thats insane loudness, but pretty badass at the same time

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will probably end up selling my used yoshimura and the midpipe eventually since I put the Delkevic on and the yoshimura is just sitting there. I'll probably go in thr $220 shipped range since its a huge piece and kind of heavy. The yoshimura sounds awesome don't get me wrong. But yes if you hear the stubby Delkevic this one is definately loud. I prefer earplugs with this one but now I am used to it honestly. It used to drone on the freeway but now it seems to have broken in that or I'm just used to it. Either way both exhausts are awesome and make the vtwin sound awesome. I get stares all the time and if thats what you want then either of them will get that for you. No stares by cops tho, they seem pretty cool out here in Colorado where everyone seems to own a bike even the cops do so they seem to be fine with the sound of a loud bike.

Ive heard some R1 bikes with motogp style exhausts that sound like its a nascar V8 from 1/4 mile away even and thats insane loudness, but pretty badass at the same time
My CBR with the Jardine system and no baffles is loud. Real close to the Moto GP style. I just done like the looks of the motogp exhaust, they hurt performance on some bikes.

·
Registered
443 Posts
My CBR with the Jardine system and no baffles is loud. Real close to the Moto GP style. I just done like the looks of the motogp exhaust, they hurt performance on some bikes.
I didnt actually see what the exhaust looked like on the R1 i passed next to him opposite way so his wexhaust was on the other side but I heard the MotoGP ones are very short and look a truck exhaust tip with an angled cut?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didnt actually see what the exhaust looked like on the R1 i passed next to him opposite way so his wexhaust was on the other side but I heard the MotoGP ones are very short and look a truck exhaust tip with an angled cut?
Yeah that's them, they don't look great on the older bikes except a Busa in my opinion. The new bikes them seem to look a little better. They are loud, but unless you have a full out race bike they don't help performance much at all if any. I think the real Moto GP bikes have longer exhausts on them.

·
Registered
540 Posts

Let me know if you do decide to sell the yosh if it's an rs3 :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts