Suzuki SV650 Riders Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to the GAP!  Thats right The GAP.  We leave thursday morning.  I'll be riding the Dragon all weekend!

Just had to brag a bit!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
Awesome!! Have fun.
The 28 to Franklin is a great road too.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Brag all you like... anyone who's been there is going to be excited to go back. If it's your first time try out the other roads in the area. 28 like Alex mentioned is a lot of fun. The Dragon will most likely be a bit packed... best times are always at the beginning and end of the day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can noobs ride on the Dragon or will I be blown off the road and have people flippin' me off for riding too slow? Would love to go, but don't wanna step on any toes. Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
The dragon is good for all types of riders..... remember there are cars that rarely break the speed limit, plus you got the HD riders that are there for a good liesure cruise, plus sportbikes that dont go to fast but work on the technical aspects, then you got the speed demons...... so i say go...go....go

Plus those of you who are going are Azzholes........ Im jealous as hell ;D

While you are there go on the Cherohala, ride the foothills, and if you have the time go ride the blue ridge parkway its fun as hell. Just dont ride it to early or on rainy-ish days b/c of the fog.....when you are over a mile up in the air you get fog when you normally wouldnt any where else.

"Lets ride the BR Parkway Monkee says, Its just fog Monkee says, It'll be fine Monkee says...... Shut up Monkee youre a F'in idiot." :D

Woody

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Cool! Have fun! I'm heading up myself next week (Wednesday 10/12). Actually, Deal's Gap is just a small part of the roughly 400-mile route we have planned out all over western NC/northern GA/east TN - but certainly one of the highlights. Can't WAIT!!! It'll be a nice warm-up for my first track day the following Monday @ CMP too.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
pslamp32 said:
Can noobs ride on the Dragon or will I be blown off the road and have people flippin' me off for riding too slow? Would love to go, but don't wanna step on any toes. Thanks. :)
The first time I was there I was scared of it - but after a few days I grew to love it. Ride sensibly within your limits and you will be fine.
There are plenty of places to slow down or pull over to let faster people pass you so don't worry about that. I often rode the white line so that others could pass.

Go and try it, you will be hooked like I am, and I don't ride well.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
AlexJ said:
The first time I was there I was scared of it - but after a few days I grew to love it. Ride sensibly within your limits and you will be fine.
There are plenty of places to slow down or pull over to let faster people pass you so don't worry about that. I often rode the white line so that others could pass.

Go and try it, you will be hooked like I am, and I don't ride well.
Alex you ride fine..... just slow

Cant wait to ride w/ ya again next yr at the rally.

Woody

·
Registered
32 Posts
Doughboy said:
I'm going to the GAP! Thats right The GAP. We leave thursday morning. I'll be riding the Dragon all weekend!

Just had to brag a bit!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Getting there Friday night (490 mile ride) and riding it and surrounding places all day Saturday, leaving to come back on Sunday. Hopefully I'll see you there. I'll be on the silver SVS with a bunch of Adventure Touring guys.

Hope to see ya.

Cheers.

Tige

·
Registered
571 Posts
have fun. i just got back from a trip there last weekend. so there. :p

but the one thing i have to say is don't get too fixated on the dragon. it is a great road and you should definitely go ride it just for the experience. but there are too many great roads in the area that should not be ignored.

go pick up a map from www.madaps.com and they suggest some great routes in the area.

we ended up going into northern georgia and had a blast riding through suches.

one word of caution, take your first run through the dragon slower than you normally would. sort of a recon run. after you have seen the whole road and are used to it, then slowly turn it up.

·
Registered
476 Posts
AlexJ said:
lol, i remember riding through the dragon at the rally and seeing this girl on a red sv with red leathers coming the opposite direction through a turn, waving like crazy at me. i'd say you were more than comfortable riding there.

·
Premium Member
1,583 Posts
I think the link that Schultz meant to post was www.madmaps.com you can buy them at the CROT, the gas station at the NC end of the Dragon.

·
Registered
571 Posts
AlexJ said:
I think the link that Schultz meant to post was www.madmaps.com you can buy them at the CROT, the gas station at the NC end of the Dragon. 
oops. thanks alex. it's amazing i was able to ride all the way home from there by myself but can't spell maps. ::)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts